Red Bud High School
- RED BUD, IL
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Red Bud High School is a public school located in RED BUD, IL. It has 389 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Red Bud High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B49 Students
- grade C37 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade B minus27 Students
- grade B25 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade A13 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade A+12 Students
View Homes Near Red Bud High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,647 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Red Bud High School
- grade B minusValmeyer High School
- Valmeyer Community Unit School District No. 3, IL
- Rating 3.2 out of 5 64 reviews
- grade B+Freeburg Community High School
- Public School
- FREEBURG, IL
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 121 reviews
- grade CSparta High School
- Sparta Community Unit School District No. 140, IL
- Rating 3.16 out of 5 64 reviews
- grade B minusNew Athens High School
- New Athens Community Unit School District No. 60, IL
- Rating 3.29 out of 5 17 reviews
Red Bud High School Reviews
Rating 2.89 out of 5 65 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My overall experience at Red Bud High School was mediocre. Some improvements definitely need to be made to the education provided. As a college student, I feel behind because my high school did not provide many college level courses. There are many students that I know at my college that have come to school with 30 plus credits while my high school did not even offer enough classes to obtain 30 college credits. There are many clubs and athletics to join. I personally was recognized many times in sports. Though this is true, I feel like Red Bud High School could have done more to promote sports and student involvement. Along with sports, drama should be given more focus. Though I was not in drama, I do know that they were put on the back burner lots of times. I think that Red Bud High School has improved in the past several years, but they still have a long way to go to make sure that their students are getting the educational experience they need.
Red Bud High School is mediocre at best. While we have some very good teachers, we have some that make school almost unbearable. Our food is never that good and they even run out sometimes. Our administration has screwed over the English department and the Art department does not get much funding.
I would like to see technology change. Our Chromebooks are bad and hard to use. I enjoy the teachers, however. They make it easy for me to succeed in the classroom while preparing me for life beyond school.