Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Red Bluff High School is an above average, public school located in Red Bluff, CA. It has 1,532 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Red Bluff High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+223 Students
- D+218 Students
- A132 Students
- A+98 Students
- C+93 Students
- B-88 Students
- A87 Students
- A-86 Students
- A+83 Students
- B71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Red Bluff High School
- BWest Valley High School
- Anderson Union High School District, CA
- 86 reviews
- B-Corning High School
- Corning Union High School District, CA
- 75 reviews
- B-Los Molinos High School
- Los Molinos Unified School District, CA
- 36 reviews
- CTehama eLearning Academy
- Online School
- Tehama County Department of Education, CA
- 6 reviews
Red Bluff High School Reviews
My experience at Red Bluff High School has been nothing short from ideal. The faculty has been extremely motivating and helpful when a problem arises. One outstanding factor about this school is that there are endless amounts of people the students can contact when they have questions regarding college, scholarships, and academics overall. The students generally are great about showing their support and school spirit, and never fail to make school events memorable. However, factors that Red Bluff could improve upon includes challenging their students more and creating more of college style teaching techniques that allow students to explore their style of learning that suits them the best.
Though I am only a freshman, my experience at RBHS has been so far great. It has a good college preparation curriculum (all students are required to complete a pathway in Career Technical Education that prepares them for a specific industry), teachers with personality, large groups of students, plenty of sports, and a convenient cafeteria (food’s free this year!). The only real problem I have is that there are certain areas the school tends to focus on more than others (I blame it on the rural location) and not an abundance of non-athletic activities. However, I enjoy my time at the school with a wonderful community and even some options not available to other schools (NASA internship).
The environment isn't set up to be all that conscious nor is it inclusive of all of its attending students. Red Bluff is a small town located in the region of Northern California where there isn't an abundance of diversity taking place. Although, because it is a smaller community there are higher opportunities of students gaining one-on-one time with their teachers.