Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Realm Charter High School is a public, charter school located in Berkeley, CA. It has 344 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 28 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+31 Students
- B-27 Students
- A+27 Students
- A24 Students
- A-24 Students
- A-22 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+17 Students
- A16 Students
- A16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Realm Charter High School Reviews
Realm Charter High School is a fairly new charter school, and overall it's not terrible but definitely not good. This school is extremely unorganized at times, and can feel unreliable, but what makes up for it is the staff. The staff has always been friendly and very helpful, to this day you can always get one on one attention by your teacher pretty easily. Also I believe this school is strong in its academics, especially in English, because most of our English teachers have given us unique learning experiences.
Realm's teachers are so committed to the success of all of the students! They get to know the kids and their families and make sincere connections with them. They focus both on academics and who the child is as a person. Sometimes the administration is not as good at consistent communication with the families.
Although the class sizes are small, and the teachers have more one on one time, There are many flaws. Unorganiziation, lack of authority, clenliness are problems. Sometimes there was no teachers to teach classes.