Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Reading Memorial High School is a highly rated, public school located in Reading, MA. It has 1,251 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Reading Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A196 Students
- A+120 Students
- A+101 Students
- B+101 Students
- A+100 Students
- B+90 Students
- A-75 Students
- A+64 Students
- B61 Students
- B56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Reading Memorial High School
- A-Ipswich High School
- Ipswich Public Schools, MA
- 54 reviews
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 271 reviews
- AHamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 148 reviews
- A-North Reading High School
- North Reading Public Schools, MA
- 134 reviews
Reading Memorial High School Reviews
My time at RMHS was very memorable. I had a lot of ups and downs. I was apart of a sports team all 4 years and that it was made my experience the best it could have been. I met a lot of people through that. RMHS is not a very diverse town, you do not see much color and a lot of the kids come from affluent families which is definitely something that impacted my way of viewing the world, not a lot of them know the value of a dollar. The teachers are superb, they were always ready to help students and stay longer than they were required. They even came to sporting events and other events students participated in which really showed how much they cared. Overall RMHS was a very good school and I felt very college prepared when I was there!
Overall I think RMHS is a good school. You can get the most out of the school that you make of it. If you are willing to advocate for yourself and work hard you will do well. If you do not you will probably struggle. One thing I do really like about RMHS is that there are a lot of rigorous courses offered so the opportunity to be successful is definitely there. The teachers are okay for the most part, some departments are stronger than others. There is very little diversity at this school so that could definitely use improvement. Also personally I have never eaten the food from the cafeteria but it honestly does not look very appetizing. The only thing I would eat from there would be maybe the pizza that they order from a local restaurant. No major complaints from the previous three years and I am excited for the upcoming school year especially for when we can be in person again.
Overall good education. Majority of the teachers care immensely about the students learning experience. They won’t make it easy, but that’s what allows the students to grow, learn, and be prepared for higher education. There are lots of AP and honors class opportunities in an array of subjects. Students have an opportunity to excel at Reading Memorial High School. There are lots of sporting and extracurricular options. I would say that the school needs a more safe and inclusive environment, however the administration and teachers are actively working towards this goal.