Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Raytown High School is a public school located in Raytown, MO. It has 1,441 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Raytown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+256 Students
- B-242 Students
- A-226 Students
- B162 Students
- B146 Students
- NG124 Students
- C106 Students
- A97 Students
- A-92 Students
- A-88 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Raytown High School
- C+Raytown South High School
- Raytown C-II School District, MO
- 188 reviews
- B+William Chrisman High School
- Independence School District, MO
- 147 reviews
- C+Grandview Senior High School
- Grandview C-IV School District, MO
- 206 reviews
- A-North Kansas City High School
- North Kansas City School District, MO
- 281 reviews
Raytown High School Reviews
I attended Raytown High School all four years of high school (9-12). There was not a day that passed by that I did not enjoy waking up and looking forward to having such a great day at this school. From the amount of activities to be involved in to the teachers great teaching ethics this school was great. Throughout my years if attending this school, I had all of the resources that I needed from receiving an education to being counseled my senior year when applying fr colleges. The amount of support from administration and staff was out of this world. They were always big on pushing students to be their best. I personally feel that if it wasn't for the staff pushing me to be great and guiding me down the right path, I would not be on my 3rd year of college. To this day I still communicate with some of the staff because they are just that great. These are some of the people who have inspired me to want to pursue a career in education. All around I would rate my old high school 10/10!
The first year of High School was very inviting of course, the students there are very lively and not all about themselves. The hallways however are usually packed and the flow of traffic is not very organized. The school spirit our school has is astounding and so amazing to watch. You feel like your school is the best with how hype and excited we get before games. My senior year currently is not how I thought it would look, but online is not as bad as it was when we started it at first. It is more organized than when they started online on a whim because nobody was prepared. Although online school is very hard to learn and stay engaged, I wish we would have gone back to school. Our school had a few renovations done to it that I saw driving by, they redid our field and parking lots that looks very nice and more inviting to students that are new and students that don't go to this school.
Raytown High school is full of diversity. Being a student at Raytown High School allows you to meet a variety of people who speak a multitude of languages. There are many programs for everyone depending on your interest. We have clubs ranging from chess club, video game club and even a gender alliance club. I personally enjoy going to this school for many reasons. Such as the different people I meet and the courses that are available. Like most students, school comes with challenges, for example the classes can be difficult and the teachers sometimes do give a lack of explaining. Overall the school is helpful to students as long as the student is interested in helping themselves.