Raytown High School is an above average, public school located in Raytown, MO. It has 1,540 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
6019 Blue Ridge Blvd
Raytown, MO 64133
Work Here? Claim Your School
Raytown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+205 Students
- B182 Students
- A-167 Students
- B129 Students
- B113 Students
- NG104 Students
- A-81 Students
- C80 Students
- A-71 Students
- A-66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Raytown High School
- C+Raytown South High School
- Raytown C-II School District, MO
- 175 reviews
- B+William Chrisman High School
- Independence School District, MO
- 132 reviews
- B-Grandview Senior High School
- Grandview C-IV School District, MO
- 199 reviews
- A-North Kansas City High School
- North Kansas City School District, MO
- 251 reviews
Raytown High School Reviews
I have had a great experience at Raytown High. Luckily, I have had many of the great teachers who actually care about us students and show it daily. I have participated in several activities in our school including volleyball, softball, basketball, and student council, and once you join activities or clubs like these, you find students with the passions and build amazing relationships with them and the coaches. When you find the right crowds, you really get to see how many positives there are with our school, rather than just looking at what could be changed.
It's a pretty good school. Most of the teachers seem to actually care about their students and enjoy their jobs (on most days, anyways). There's so many extracurricular activities to choose from. I doubt you could do every after school activity offered in all four years of high school. There's something for everyone, both through extracurricular activities and classes. There are so many classes to choose from. The classes can be dull, but they can also be interesting. It's fairly diverse (racially). However, the students are... a lot to deal with. Naturally, there are some who don't care/don't want to be there and are disruptive. We could use some more funding; the building is old and cracked in some places. Test scores could use some work, but once again, more funding would be useful. But it's a good school overall.
Raytown High School has a strong community built on individuals invested in developing intellect, community service and creating a strong sense of family. Largely diverse, Raytown High School has many clubs that suit each individuals desires. Teachers focus on each individual student to prepare them for college level courses. The school is extremely safe, staff are always prepared to take down a potentially dangerous situation. Parent involvement is high, creating their own clubs to help out with sports and other clubs. The culture of Raytown High is extremely welcoming and everyone feels a sense of family with one another.