Ravenswood High School is a public school located in Ravenswood, WV. It has 436 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Ravenswood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B79 Students
- A-77 Students
- C51 Students
- C+31 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-27 Students
- C+26 Students
- B-23 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Ravenswood High School
- BRipley High School
- Jackson County Schools, WV
- 158 reviews
- B-Wahama High School
- Mason County Schools, WV
- 48 reviews
- CMeigs High School
- Meigs Local School District, OH
- 41 reviews
- C+Eastern High School
- Eastern Local School District (Reedsville), OH
- 25 reviews
Ravenswood High School Reviews
Ravenswood High School is an excellent public school in Jackson County, surrounded by an extremely dedicated and supportive community. It's not perfect, but nothing is, and what it lacks it more than makes up for with incredible staff and students. Ravenswood High is constantly striving to improve its resources, its academics and other extracurriculars, and its students.
Attending Ravenswood High School was the best 4 years of my life. I had the best teachers you could ask for who know how to build a relationship with their students. Even though my junior and senior year have been chaotic with the construction of a new middle school next door, our school has made sure that we have had the best time we can under those circumstances.
There are several great qualities my school holds. The teachers are overall wonderful, they help you the best they can. Smart lunch is my favorite quality of Ravenswood High. It is a new program we started this year to better each individual student. If a student may have a missing assignment, low grade, or just need extra assistance, then they are sent to tutor A or B during lunch. The thirty minute tutoring sessions are beneficial. I love going and getting one on one time in subjects I struggle in making it easier to learn and understand. Our school is very fortunate to have Mac Books for each student along with a bag, charger, and extension as well. I would like to see more parent involvement and friendliness since we are such a small community. These qualities make us better people as we grow into adults while starting our careers. The more support we have as a group the more likeliness for success in individuals.