Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Ravenswood High School is a public school located in Ravenswood, WV. It has 432 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Ravenswood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-95 Students
- B-91 Students
- C62 Students
- C-41 Students
- C+36 Students
- B33 Students
- A-32 Students
- C31 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Ravenswood High School
- B-Ripley High School
- Jackson County Schools, WV
- 178 reviews
- C+Wahama High School
- Mason County Schools, WV
- 50 reviews
- C-Meigs High School
- Meigs Local School District, OH
- 41 reviews
- C+Eastern High School
- Eastern Local School District (Reedsville), OH
- 25 reviews
Ravenswood High School Reviews
My experience at Ravenswood High School was one that I wish most students had tbe opportunity to have. Most kids dread going to school, but Ravenswood offers a very friendly and caring atmosphere and each teacher will take one on one time with you if necessary. The teachers really care for the students and strive for success! Many AP and dual credit options are available as well. Many Athletics and musical activities are also available for students to participate in. Overall, good teachers, many things to get involved with, and just an over great atmosphere to get an education.
I'm on my fourth year at Ravenswood High School and there has been many, shall we say, obstacles. If I could describe my high school experience here in one word it would be adaptation. The entire faculty even went out of their way to get t-shirts made that said "Adapt, overcome, improvise!", and wore them on the first day of school the year the construction began. We may have not had ceilings for nearly an entire school year (I'm not kidding!), but it is still a great school. Construction on the new middle school, which was to be connected to the high school, began my sophomore year and wasn't completed until the beginning of my senior year. Let's just say the construction really inconvenienced our everyday lives. During this time, it was completely normal to see bulldozers and excavators out the window, hear power drills and construction workers stomp on the roof, and feel the entire school shake when they chopped down large oak trees.
I’ve just entered my senior year of high school. I know that this is a very important year. I have a lot of decisions to make and not much time to make them. These decisions will either make or break my life, and I want to make sure that I make them to the best of my ability because there is no turning back. Ravenswood High School's excellent curriculum and teachers have well prepared me for college.