Rappahannock High School is an above average, public school located in Warsaw, VA. It has 475 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Rappahannock High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+60 Students
- A51 Students
- B49 Students
- B-47 Students
- A+42 Students
- B+41 Students
- B+40 Students
- A+38 Students
- B-37 Students
- B28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Rappahannock High School Reviews
What I liked about Rappahannock High school is...They have classes students can take to help others. Wether it was at a food bank or a clothes job. Besides that what also made me enjoy my time there was going to the elementary school every week and get together with our reading buddies. The program is called S.O.D.A. We went to the school and helped the third and second graders read and do their homework. I enjoyed how easy it was to make friends because everyone was so willing to open up to new people. There was several teachers there that truly wanted to see their students do well. Which is amazing!
Due to how small our school is each classroom has less students compared to most other public schools. I find this is one of the most enjoyable factors of my school, because teachers can spend more time one-on-one with each student. It almost feels as if I am getting a private school education without the price. Furthermore, the school atmosphere is family-like and everyone knows everyone else. It is a friendly environment which makes it easier for me to learn and study in. I also find that because we have all grown-up together in such a small school, with little to no change of who's attending, that bullying is low-to-almost non-existent in our school.
What I liked about Rappahannock highschool is the teachers. The teacher makes every student feel welcomed and they accept everyone for them. They let us express ourselves in many different ways which I enjoy. Rapphannock highschool also encourage people to try and do things they are scared to do or are not use to because they believe we could do it. There is not much wrong with Rappahannock at all. Not many people like the food there but food like that is at every school. But otherwise there is not much wrong with it at all. I enjoy it and it is a great school to graduate from!