COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Randolph-Macon Academy has successfully opened for the entire 2020-2021 school year. R-MA has set the industry standard for on-campus operations during Covid times while providing safe in-person instruction for all students. Check out our latest video to see our preparation! Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Sportsgrade B
Located in Front Royal, Virginia, R-MA is an independent co-ed day school for grades 6-12 with day and boarding options. We provide a superior university-prep curriculum with an elite Air Force JROTC program preparing students with lives of meaning and success.
Each year, 100% of our students are accepted to top, globally ranked universities around the world. In the past 3 years, students have gained acceptances to Harvard, MIT, Cornell, UPenn, UC-Berkeley, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, Duke, William & Mary - and many more amazing schools.
The Class of 2021 graduated 50 students who received over $12.3 million in scholarships. We are equally proud of the previous year's Class of 2020 who received $8.4 million in scholarship across 64 graduating students.
R-MA is pleased to provide ON-CAMPUS instruction. Contact us at Admission@RMA.edu to schedule a private in-person or virtual tour.
Randolph-Macon Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+48 Students
- grade A+37 Students
- grade A32 Students
- grade B+29 Students
- grade A+25 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade A24 Students
- grade B+24 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade A21 Students
Inspiring the Rise Within Your Child.
From engaging, interactive classes full of discussion and project-based learning, to the simulation labs housed in our Innovation Wing, R-MA students learn how to think critically and analytically, to have the courage to be creative and ask questions, and to approach challenges with optimism and enthusiasm. The Class of 2021 received over $12.3 million in university scholarships.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
- Military Ball13%
- Field days11%
- Football Games/ Wrestling Matches/Ceremonies/Award8%
- Trunk or Treat!8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Randolph-Macon Academy Reviews
Going to a boarding school did seem scary at first, but you are guaranteed to make great relationships in the dorms. I was very shy when transitioning from a small Middle School where I knew everybody. While this school was a lot larger, I still made many lifelong friends by participating in the school’s sports and intramural opportunities.
When I say the school prepare you for college, it certainly does. Just the fact that this is a boarding school already prepares you for out of state colleges. The military aspect further solidifies your capability to be organized and have proper etiquette. I cannot stress this enough that this school prepares you for real life!
There is plenty of opportunity for spiritual growth and meaningful service opportunities. Students form strong bonds with their peers. Faculty and staff are motivated and genuinely care about their students. My child gained integrity, independence, and initiative, and got serious about the future while here. It has made a timely and significant impact on her life! Very happy with her experience at R-MA!