Ranburne High School is an above average, public school located in Ranburne, AL. It has 503 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Ranburne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B106 Students
- A80 Students
- B-74 Students
- C+72 Students
- A66 Students
- C+53 Students
- A-47 Students
- B37 Students
- C29 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Ranburne High School Reviews
The teachers here are truly amazing! Ranburne High is a public school, but it feels like a private school. There is lots of one on one teaching done, and the staff is like family. We all care for each other and want to see everyone do good. Ranburne High is one of the best schools you could ever attend.
Being a student at Ranburne High School was a memorable experience. All of the teachers/instructors strive for success in all of their students. (I never had a favorite teacher because they were all equally wonderful to me.) The numerous activities and sports kept me busy as well as my studies. (I was apart of the Spanish club and Physics team my Junior year.) Fridays were filled to the brim with excitement: Pep-rallies, school rivalries, and football games were all so dear to me. This high school was my go-to school for many years and I miss being a student there greatly.
Ranburne is a fantastic school to attend. It is a small school and that has many advantages; all teachers know you well and many know your parents, so many are discouraged from being too rambunctious as they will get in trouble not only at school but also at home. Being a small school it is hard, however, to have many enrichment classes such as more music classes, art classes, and drama classes. Our school is very focussed on college readiness. Its honors classes are geared toward ACT preparedness and getting us as students ready for what we'll face in college and the outside world. The school's technical program is also very good. It offers business classes as well as more technical classes like welding and shop, cosmetology, and auto mechanics. My experience at Ranburne has been the absolute best and I would not have changed many things about it.