Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Ramsey High School is a public school located in Ramsey, IL. It has 231 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B16 Students
- B11 Students
- B11 Students
- B-10 Students
- A+8 Students
- B-6 Students
- A-5 Students
- B+5 Students
- A-4 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Ramsey High School
- BPana Senior High School
- Pana Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 28 reviews
- BNokomis Junior/Senior High School
- Nokomis Community Unit School District No. 22, IL
- 33 reviews
- C+Vandalia Community High School
- Vandalia Community Unit School District No. 203, IL
- 50 reviews
- C+St. Elmo Senior High School
- St. Elmo Community Unit School District No. 202, IL
- 8 reviews
Ramsey High School Reviews
At Ramsey High, there are a variety of sports you can participate in. The teams aren't very good, but they receive attention and funding easily. We have one teacher for band and choir. We win more awards but half the financial help. There are some teachers that make us feel like the greatest people in the world. There are also two teachers that make us feel worthless. The food is not the greatest, but you can't really blame them. To try and keep students safe, they have put in over a dozen security cameras. There is a fence surrounding the playground. The class of 2019 had extremely low scores on their SAT/ACT. To counteract this, they spent almost all semester teaching us everything they could so we would have higher scores. There was a lot of pressure on us to do well, but I'm not so sure that it was to better ourselves. I think they might have been worried that this would look badly and they might lose funding.
What I like about Ramsey High School is that most everyone gets along. During school and outside of school. Everyone projects good energy. They work well together in groups in classes, clubs, and activities. If there is someone who needs help, whether it is a friend or a teacher, someone is always there to give a helping hand. If I had to change anything in school, I would definitely have better school lunches. Sometimes the food is good and sometimes it needs work. I would also try and make the sports teams better. Our sports teams don't always win and have the best attitudes so I would try and make them better.
One things that's very nice about Ramsey is there is a no bullying policy. Now, I know plenty of other schools have that too but Ramsey is really the only one I've seen where that is truly enforced. I truly wouldn't change anything.