Ramapo High School Reviews

Ramapo prepared me for the Adult World. I had amazing teachers who still check on me till this day. Ramapo treats students fairly and equally. I am a proud Alumna
In my overall experience with Ramapo, it was enjoyable. I enjoyed being a part of a largely diverse community. It was a very communal experience. There are a handful of teachers who care about the students and pushing them to be the best that they can be. Regardless of the lack of funding in general that the school receives, they try to make the most of what they have. If the school district can continue to make the positive changes tat are necessary for this school’s success, it it to my recommendation that you attend Ramapo High School.
Ramapo high school is a school that has a high amount of diversity which makes it so that others are able to readily respect and be open to cultures other then their own. However, subjects such as music and art are to often looked down upon
Start Your Review of Ramapo High School
Very great school helped me with a lot of love to see a lot of more people involved and more mentors
Overall, it is a decent school but it's lacking in some areas. The lunch is at best eatable and from the looks of it, I don't think the classrooms get cleaned everyday. The teachers however are very competent (the ones I have had at least), they are always ready to help and they make themselves very accessible to the students.
The school makes a number of sports available to the students, including tennis and golf. The track and football field just got remodeled and it's looking great. The student parking lot is okay but a remodelling wouldn't hurt either.
ramapo high school is commonly known as "that" school to everyone. it had a blistering and thriving lifestyle, a wide variety of scholarships and other events were constantly occurring. the sports teams were district champions and everyone wished their children could've gone here. but now the walls are scattered with plaques of great achievements (the most recent being in 1991) serving no other purpose to remind us how much of a neighborhood hasx changed.
The school needs a new building or consistent expert repair and maintenance of the existing building. WE NEED MORE RESOURCES SUCH AS BOOKS, COMPUTERS AND SMART BOARDS. THE DISTRICT NEED TO BETTER PREPARE THE STUDENTS FOR EXAMS SUCH AS THE SAT/ACT, REGENTS AND FOR ENTRY TO COLLEGE.The school is over crowded with large class sizes that are not conducive to effective learning. The board should only have residents whose children attend the schools and not private yeshivas.
The sports, art and music programs should be reinstated and better after school support to students should be available. We are important and our parents pay hefty school taxes but our education is lacking. Our elected officials should endeavor to assist our school district in the Rockland county area of New YORK.
My experience in Ramapo High School was amazing. During my years spent in Ramapo, I took a lot of honors and advance placement classes. Though those classes were tough, I had amazing friends, who were also taking these classes, help me through it. Thus making my experience fun and memorable.
Great

This is a an interesting Great

This is a an interesting
I have grown so much since i had stepped foot in this school. Teachers are very involved , lack of school pride, food is alright and administration and faculty are really caring.
The guidance counselors aren't the best when it comes to giving you all the information you need to jumpstart on applying to colleges. Nothing is spoon fed to you, you literally have to put you're best foot forward to receive anything. There are a lot of kids, some classes are crowded. I wish teachers would provide us with more information about college.
Ramapo High School has a wonderful faculty and staff, who work very well with students and parents. They are continuously helping to make improvements with academics and the facilities. For example, they recently installed solar panels in the front of the school and renovated the entire track/football field and bleachers this past year. I would like to see greater efforts in meal preparation and distribution given the shortened lunch periods.
Although the environment and students in the school may not be the best, the teachers there are amazing! They always stay on top of you to ensure you are doing the best you are capable of doing.
Due to accessing grant money, the school is currently improving. However, there have been many budget cuts in the past. So extracurricular activities like art, music, and sports have greatly suffered. I believe this is why many students are apathetic to the school. They have a negative view of the school, which makes the overall experience worse. When there is effort put in, like in pep rallies and Science Olympiad, the Ramapo experience is like no other.
I like the teachers but the programs there are limited, the food is ok, and the facility is not staying in good condition
The overall experience at Ramapo is average. The thing that i liked about it was its diversity and the people there. You form strong connections
Older building; the staff works hard to make the most out of what the school is. The guidance department is really good at what they do. Very fun school.
Start Your Review of Ramapo High School
This is my fourth and final year here and while I’m tired of going here, I think there are some things that I’ll miss. This school has a wide variety of teachers and you may not like them all but that’s par for the course. We have a decent amount of AP classes but no IB, which is disappointing. I have faith that the academia here will, with time, improve and produce students who are up to par with their potential college and life counterparts. We are not a bad school and honestly it’s almost impossible to make a statement on us unless you attend. Some aspects of us are even better than the popular private schools the locals send their children to instead. However, I wish that the district board were different and allowed students to have more opportunities in all aspects of the word so that we can break the stigma and get back to being #1.
One thing I like about RHS is the way they they teach, there’s a lot of competence in this school they help students with technology. One thing I want to see change to this school is the “night School”. The student need maximum 2 English Teachers.
Ramapo High School is a very diversed school, however we are separated by cultures. Also, we lack resources that could’ve have helped us achieve amazing things, including better grades. I love that you can easily be friends with someone there, but I would change the lack of supervision and rule enforcment. I wouldn’t change my high school over any other one, but we could be doing better.