Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Raleigh Charter High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Raleigh, NC. It has 563 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Raleigh Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+223 Students
- A+221 Students
- A+94 Students
- A-85 Students
- B+83 Students
- B59 Students
- B+58 Students
- B+43 Students
- A+43 Students
- A39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Raleigh Charter High School Reviews
Raleigh Charter provides an intense, competitive academic environment, to the point of toxicity. If you are not an above average student I would not recommend this school. Teachers have really high expectations of their students. Expect an hour of homework on average for each class each day, with the exception of electives being ~30 minutes of homework (about 5 hours of homework per day). Teachers are not lenient on grading, but they do care for their students. There are not very many clubs, as the school has very little money for them. Participation in clubs is low due to the amount of homework given to students. Still, in a purely academic sense, this is a good school that will prepare you for college.
Raleigh Charter was amazing! Small and personal relationships with teachers. Teachers who are knowledgable and passionate--most are doctors. A school setting that doesn't restrict students but encourages them to be themselves and embrace every part of them. Feels like a small community where everyone knows everyone and gets together. Incredible academics. Definitely prepares you for college.
very high academics. They have great teachers that are supportive and helpful. Many club and activities you can choose from, and all great and fun. College Readiness is defiantly one of their top priorities! I never worry about Raleigh Charter being unsafe. Yes there is defiantly diversity, and everyone does treat everyone equal. The sports are great. We have amazing food! The Resources at Raleigh charter are great. Facilities are always good never any problems. There is so much Parental involvement in this school which is great, also because parents never feel left out as much either.