Raleigh Charter High School is an elite, public, charter school located in Raleigh, NC. It has 559 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Raleigh Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+136 Students
- A+135 Students
- A+65 Students
- A-53 Students
- B+43 Students
- A-40 Students
- B+34 Students
- A-29 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Raleigh Charter High School Reviews
I loved my experience at Raleigh Charter High School! With its size of the school and classes, it is pretty easy to get to know the students and the teachers. I have built great relationships with my classmates from all different backgrounds and areas of interest, as well as my teachers from as far back as freshman year. The teachers are always willing to help and are excellent at what they do, especially those who make the class funny as well as informational. There are many different clubs and classes to fulfill interests despite the size. If i could change anything, it would be the amount of homework. Sometimes there is busy work or too much at once without being extremely helpful; I would like the amount of homework that would not overwhelm my life and help me learn what I need to learn outside of class.
My experience at Raleigh Charter was a pretty good one full of incredible learning moments and memories. Raleigh Charter fosters a challenging learning environment, and at times that environment was stressful. Raleigh Charter also encourages healthy competition between peers which makes sure that students work their hardest. The classes that Raleigh Charter offers are very relevant to everyone's career paths and the teachers teach comparatively to college professors. That collegiate style of teaching prepares students for the teaching style of college. I do wish that Raleigh Charter offered more AP classes, so that I could delve into college classes at an early age.
Great school. Really good teachers, very engaging and devoted to helping you learn. Good atmosphere, I felt very safe and welcome there. Food is very good. There is a lot of clubs and activities to be a part of. Many opportunities to join academic competitions in clubs. Overall a great school and people are very nice. Great school. Really good teachers, very engaging and devoted to helping you learn. Good atmosphere, I felt very safe and welcome there. Food is very good. There is a lot of clubs and activities to be a part of. Many opportunities to join academic competitions in clubs. Overall a great school and people are very nice.