Raisbeck Aviation High School is a top rated, public, alternative school located in Tukwila, WA. It has 410 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Raisbeck Aviation High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+272 Students
- A112 Students
- B+95 Students
- A-86 Students
- B+63 Students
- A+55 Students
- B-49 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+41 Students
- B+40 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Raisbeck Aviation High School
- A+Roosevelt High School
- Seattle Public Schools, WA
- 302 reviews
- A+Issaquah High School
- Issaquah School District, WA
- 330 reviews
- A+Redmond High School
- Lake Washington School District, WA
- 402 reviews
- ABallard High School
- Seattle Public Schools, WA
- 249 reviews
Raisbeck Aviation High School Reviews
I've just finished my freshmen year at Raisbeck and am extremely satisfied with this school. Raisbeck is a project based learning and STEM education school. It's right next to the Museum of Flight from the class room students can see planes right out the window! There is currently a B-52 in our parking lot for the Museum of Flight's "Project Welcome Home." The curriculum is much different than any other school I've seen. Last summer and early fall, students build heat shields made to protect ice cubes from boiling water. We then made heat shields to withstand a Bunsen burner, micrometeorite impacts, and the impact from a fall off the third floor balcony. We then presented these heat shields to experts. Engaging projects like this are why I love this school, I look forward to the next three years I have here.
I really enjoy going to school at Raisbeck Aviation. The small environment allows me to get to know my teachers and peers on a more personal level, and the numerous clubs here help me create bonds and friendships. The courses offered are also rigorous and challenge me to think outside of the box. I like how there are many resources, opportunities, and people at school to help me succeed. Having us complete fine arts and sports credit helps us plan for the future. Being at this school has helped me be independent and work hard for what I want. If there was one thing I could add to the school, I would want more Advanced Placement classes such as AP Biology as well as a wider range of classes to be offered.
I enjoy going to school here. The environment is friendly and I feel like I fit in. Since this is a stem school, classes are based around math, science, and technology. Raisbeck lacks art classes and there's only one sports team here. We are required to have 1.5 Physical Education credits to graduate but we don't have a gym here so we have to make up those hours outside of school. Although the school is lacking in other activities, to make up for that we have a robotic team and I think it's pretty nice to have a sport that's related to stem. Another thing I like about the school is the community. Students are friendly to each other and the teachers care about their students and education.