Raisbeck Aviation High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+165 Students
- A-83 Students
- B+73 Students
- B+56 Students
- B+36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+31 Students
- A-30 Students
- B28 Students
- A-27 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Raisbeck Aviation High School
- BTechnology Engineering & Communications High School
- Highline School District, WA
- 14 reviews
- A+Roosevelt High School
- Seattle Public Schools, WA
- 240 reviews
- A+Issaquah High School
- Issaquah School District, WA
- 254 reviews
- A+Redmond High School
- Lake Washington School District, WA
- 344 reviews
Raisbeck Aviation High School Reviews
I applied to Raisbeck because of the Skunk Works Robotics team, and I was not disappointed. I am starting my fourth year on the team and have learned more than I could have possibly imagined. The school also gave me the opportunities to have a mentor at Blue Origin and intern at Planetary Resources. While some classes felt too easy, I noticed that the language program and some science classes were at a faster pace and generally more challenging than some high schools in the Seattle Public School District. I also love that we are the only high school in Washington state to offer Quidditch (we don't do traditional sports)! If anything, I wish that it offered computer science classes and AP Physics C, especially since the Imperial College London requires a 5 in AP Physics C for some courses.
It wasn't horrible. I do feel like the experience limited me. Being hyper-focused on STEM isn't healthy for some: a lot of top universities emphasize intellectually challenging yourself in a broad range of studies. Students from this school are not well-rounded. I didn't get the exposure to non-Aviation related career paths that I needed. I came and left this school thinking engineering. When I got to college, I wasn't enjoying the classes I was taking. It hit me, I never enjoyed STEM classes, I just took them because I had to, I never explored beyond. I was a mindless drone who participated in numerous school clubs and got A's. Teachers were impartial towards me, thankfully most of them weren't biased in grading. I worked my butt off, but was never rewarded. I was called dumb by quite a few of my arrogant classmates (college peers now) on multiple occasions despite being a top student. If I could do it all again, I'd do running start.
Excellent foundations in the sciences! Dedicated teachers, motivated students, and a solid reputation help create a synergistic environment where everyone thrives.