Raisbeck Aviation High School is a top rated, public, alternative school located in Tukwila, WA. It has 410 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Raisbeck Aviation High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+226 Students
- A96 Students
- B+85 Students
- A-75 Students
- B+54 Students
- A+44 Students
- B-40 Students
- B+37 Students
- A-36 Students
- A+36 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Raisbeck Aviation High School
- BTechnology Engineering & Communications High School
- Highline School District, WA
- 15 reviews
- A+Roosevelt High School
- Seattle Public Schools, WA
- 281 reviews
- A+Issaquah High School
- Issaquah School District, WA
- 304 reviews
- A+Redmond High School
- Lake Washington School District, WA
- 383 reviews
Raisbeck Aviation High School Reviews
I've just finished my freshmen year at Raisbeck and am extremely satisfied with this school. Raisbeck is a project based learning and STEM education school. It's right next to the Museum of Flight from the class room students can see planes right out the window! There is currently a B-52 in our parking lot for the Museum of Flight's "Project Welcome Home." The curriculum is much different than any other school I've seen. Last summer and early fall, students build heat shields made to protect ice cubes from boiling water. We then made heat shields to withstand a Bunsen burner, micrometeorite impacts, and the impact from a fall off the third floor balcony. We then presented these heat shields to experts. Engaging projects like this are why I love this school, I look forward to the next three years I have here.
Raisbeck Aviation High School (RAHS) is the best high school in the state by far, and one of the best in the nation. Unlike any other school in the nation, RAHS was built and is primarily funded by Alaska Airlines, Boeing, and the Museum of Flight. Having such close ties to top performing companies in their respected industries creates truly unique opportunities. Representatives from Purdue and Embry Riddle aeronautical universities gave presentations in one of my classes. Embry Riddle offered RAHS students the unique opportunity of a completely funded tour of their school. Purdue even sent the head of their school of aeronautics and astronautics. As far as internships go, I recall multiple students landing internships with renown Blue Origin and NASA. While I could continue forever, the highlights of my review are RAHS is arguably one of the top fifty high schools in the country given its extremely unique opportunities, unbeatable staff, and strongly bonded student body.
Raisbeck Aviation High school is a STEM-driven school. All subjects are just like your everyday school subjects but with a STEM twist. For example, in Literature, you may be reading a book on rockets; in Math, you may be asked to find the angle of depression based on the shadow of the airplane in relation to the shadow of a light pole; in Science, you will be constructing a model of a heat shield and simulating the conditions it goes through; in History, you will be focusing on the history of flight; the electives are mostly all STEM-related as well. RAHS only really has one sport (physical), ultimate frisbee, but they did use to have a quidditch team.