Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Rainier Senior High School is a public school located in Rainier, WA. It has 236 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Rainier Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A46 Students
- B-30 Students
- B+29 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-24 Students
- C+22 Students
- A-15 Students
- B14 Students
- A-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Rainier Senior High School Reviews
I went to Rainier School District from third grade till graduation, and I'd have to say I'm very appreciative of that fact! Being such a small town, there wasn't much bullying being done at all, in fact, everyone knew each other! Though due to being in such a small town with very few students, the club and extracurricular options are very low. The teachers are very good at making sure you have a personal learning experience and dont fall behind the curve. I often hear about how much many people have hated high school, and luckily having gone to Rainier makes it so i cannot relate to the "drama" often shown in high schools.
At Rainier High School the teachers make an effort to connect with the students and are available as much as possible for any questions or concerns a student may have. The over all school is very into school spirit and has a fun atmosphere. Throughout my stay at Rainier, I have been able to experience what it is like to have amazing friends and an education to match. We strive to keep our grades up and help one another along the way. The school prepares us for college as well as offers New Market plans for the few of us juggling high school and college too. They are open to new ideas and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure every student has a future.
I’ve been living in Rainier most my life now. I’ve got so connected to this small town and I wouldn’t want to leave it behind. Playing sports was my favorite thing to do. The coaching staff were amazing and really helpful towards your goals.