Rainier Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Rainier, OR. It has 421 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Rainier Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-43 Students
- C31 Students
- B29 Students
- A-25 Students
- C+20 Students
- B-17 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+11 Students
- A11 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Rainier Junior/Senior High School
- C+Kalama Junior/Senior High School
- Kalama School District, WA
- 79 reviews
- CCastle Rock High School
- Castle Rock School District, WA
- 85 reviews
- B-Kelso High School
- Kelso School District, WA
- 227 reviews
- BMark Morris High School
- Longview School District, WA
- 70 reviews
Rainier Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I liked that it was a small school so people were very connected. I didn't like the lack of funds that were there for some activities, such as the theater department. We had to fund everything ourselves through fundraisers. The teachers were good and cared about the students, but I think they could have done more to talk about colleges/trade schools/post-high school opportunities during junior and senior year.
Rainier Junior/Senior High School is a pretty good school. It's pretty small, so almost everyone knows each other! There are some fun clubs such as FFA, theater, and history club. Sports are a pretty big thing here also. So far i've liked this school, but some things I think that could improve would be more security and more student involvement!
This school is a small and close community. This allows smaller class sizes which results in easier one to one help between students and teachers. We also compete well in sports, however some are recognized less than others.