Quitman High School
- QUITMAN, AR
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Quitman High School is a public school located in QUITMAN, AR. It has 229 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Quitman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B76 Students
- grade B minus63 Students
- grade C+46 Students
- grade B42 Students
- grade A minus39 Students
- grade B minus28 Students
- grade B minus24 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
- grade A19 Students
- grade B17 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Quitman High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Spirit Yell80%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,357 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Quitman High School
- grade C+Rose Bud High School
- Rose Bud School District, AR
- Rating 3.43 out of 5 21 reviews
- grade B minusHeber Springs High School
- Heber Springs School District, AR
- Rating 3.47 out of 5 99 reviews
- grade B minusGuy-Perkins High School
- Guy-Perkins School District, AR
- Rating 4.19 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade B minusMt. Vernon/Enola High School
- Mt. Vernon/Enola School District, AR
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 26 reviews
Quitman High School Reviews
Rating 3.82 out of 5 34 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have went to school at Quitman my whole life and I have always had a great experience. The teachers are very friendly and helpful with not only schoolwork, but with helping you prepare for life outside of school. It is obvious that the teachers and staff genuinely care about their students and want the best for them. Quitman has great opportunites for students in all areas such as sports, academics, and preparing for college. They offer several different concurrent and AP courses that allow students to get a head start on their college education. I would recommend Quitman High School to any student.
My experience at Quitman High School has been one I will remember for the rest of my life. I have gone to Quitman since kindergarten, and I’ve had a great experience with both teacher and students. There is always someone who is willing to help you with any problems you have. One thing that I really love about Quitman is the new safe-rooms they recently installed to keep kids safe. These safe-rooms are what put me at ease and allow me to focus my full attention on learning. The administration and faculty are always finding ways to improve the school and make learning more fun. I will definitely miss it when I graduate and am thankful for the opportunity to go to school at Quitman.
Quitman High School is a school who allows you to be who you are around peers who are also themselves. You are able to express your self through the many extracurriculars that Quitman offers. At our school academics come before anything! The teachers also add in an element of fun and surprise into every lesson taught to their students. As a student I feel as though my opinion matters in the school. Sports though extremely important to the school is not at all all that Quitman is about. Sports are supported by all of the community which allows us more opportunities even though we are a small school.