Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Quitman High School is an above average, public school located in Quitman, AR. It has 229 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Quitman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B71 Students
- B60 Students
- C+44 Students
- B39 Students
- A-37 Students
- C+27 Students
- B-22 Students
- B+18 Students
- A16 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Quitman High School
- B-Rose Bud High School
- Rose Bud School District, AR
- 20 reviews
- B-Heber Springs High School
- Heber Springs School District, AR
- 99 reviews
- B-Guy-Perkins High School
- Guy-Perkins School District, AR
- PK, 7-12
- 25 reviews
- BMt. Vernon/Enola High School
- Mt. Vernon/Enola School District, AR
- 26 reviews
Quitman High School Reviews
Quitman High School is a school who allows you to be who you are around peers who are also themselves. You are able to express your self through the many extracurriculars that Quitman offers. At our school academics come before anything! The teachers also add in an element of fun and surprise into every lesson taught to their students. As a student I feel as though my opinion matters in the school. Sports though extremely important to the school is not at all all that Quitman is about. Sports are supported by all of the community which allows us more opportunities even though we are a small school.
I graduated in 2006 and at that time this school was very cliquey with not much diversity. Perhaps it has grown since then, as my graduating class was only around 50-60 students. Most of the classes and teachers were really good and there was also a good selection of clubs and extracurricular activities to join. Overall it is a good school, the town is just small and has the typical small town issues. The school resource officer at the time actually inspired me to seek a career in law enforcement and I am currently assigned as a school resource officer.
I had a hard time making friends and adjusting going from a class of 700 to a class of 80. I am now a senior and I can honestly say that my experience here was not terrible at all. I have a group of amazing friends and classes that I love. The teachers and other staff are absolutely wonderful and welcoming. The teachers do everything they can to give their students the education that they need and deserve.