Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Queensbury Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Queensbury, NY. It has 1,110 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 86% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Queensbury Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C94 Students
- grade B minus56 Students
- grade B+55 Students
- grade A minus54 Students
- grade A minus52 Students
- grade B51 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
- grade A minus47 Students
- grade B43 Students
- grade A+42 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responses
- Pep rally25%
- Well because of bad behavior alot of them are gone14%
- Prom/School Dances11%
- Chemistry Club4%
- Senior Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,749 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 31 responses
Schools like Queensbury Senior High School
- grade BGlens Falls Senior High School
- Glens Falls City School District, NY
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 93 reviews
- grade B+Lake George Junior/Senior High School
- Lake George Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 29 reviews
- grade B+Schuylerville Junior/Senior High School
- Schuylerville Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 69 reviews
- grade BSouth Glens Falls Senior High School
- South Glens Falls Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 125 reviews
Queensbury Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.64 out of 5 179 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Queensbury High School offers a lot of upper-level courses for students who want to be challenged like the IB courses, AP courses, and honor courses. Queensbury also offers many clubs and sports and there is always something for everyone to participate in which makes learning and school fun. The teachers are very nice and willing to help their students learn and achieve all their future goals. Everyone at Queensbury gets a chance to be a star and everyone has access to the resources to do it because of the amazing administration and staff. Queensbury isn't a huge school but it isn't small either which provides students with different groups of people to socialize with while knowing everyone else in the school. Overall, Queensbury is a wonderful school to go to especially if you want to be challenged and have a great time while learning. As a transfer student from a small rural school to Queensbury, I would highly recommend it!
Queensbury High School has allowed me as a student to explore both my interests and talents through a very flexible and friendly system of learning. All teachers are willing to put in the time and effort with any student as long as they are willing to put in the time and effort themselves. Queensbury offers so many programs for students such as Ptech, BOCES, IB programs, advanced learning and internships all of which help any student discover his or her path at this high school. If you are looking for snow days this isn't the school to go to! We are a very resilient community when it comes to meaning our academic standards!
This school was a living nightmare for me and MANY other students I knew. There were a lot of horrible things from the lack of disciplinary actions, the harassment I experienced as a nerdy LGBTQ+ student, the lack of diversity, and the horrible, horrible administration. I want to highlight one issue in particular that has haunted me: the class ranking system. Basically, the school doesn't weight your grades so when class rank is established, it's not the most intelligent or ambitious students at the top. It's the students who take easier classes in order to get a high grade point and skate through. Someone who takes all AP classes, however, could be doing much harder material and still be placed below a less intelligent student in rank. It's beyond messed up, and that's just one issue.