Quaker Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Leetsdale, PA. It has 632 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
625 Beaver St
Leetsdale, PA 15056
Work Here? Claim Your School
Quaker Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A173 Students
- A+152 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Quaker Valley High School
- A+Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- Mt. Lebanon School District, PA
- 328 reviews
- A+Upper St. Clair High School
- Upper St. Clair School District, PA
- 243 reviews
- AHampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 210 reviews
- A+North Allegheny High School
- North Allegheny School District, PA
- 697 reviews
Quaker Valley High School Reviews
Quaker Valley is very special. It challenges every stereotype ever created by movies and pop culture. I have never had a teacher that wasn't dedicated to their students. The staff is so friendly and caring that they seem more like friends than authority figures - they don't lose any respect from students, though. The students are hard-working, busy, and dedicated to everything they do. Most students take high level honors and AP classes, participate in sports, arts, or other extracurricular activities, and are extremely social and friendly. Our music department is highly regarded and most students are involved in some way or another. Our athletic department is very successful, most teams making it to state playoffs, and competitive, but also inclusive. Our football team just won their first state championship after being predicted to not win one game this season! I am so lucky to be a Quaker.
The variety of courses and difficult levels is phenomenal; truly every students educational need is catered too. The teachers are passionate about their jobs and want us to succeed post high school in whatever we choose. The district is located in a wealthy area so we are fortunate to have the materials and opportunities that we do. The school building itself isn’t representative of the wealth; rain causes the basement to flood and the ceilings to leak. There aren’t enough classrooms and most of them don’t have air conditioning. The culture and environment the students bring is also not so nice. Because of the racial and financial demographics of the area, most of the students are white and many of them have wealth they have no issue flaunting and bragging about. It makes for a rather toxic environment for the students who are not like the status quo. Overall, I try and look at the benefits of the school, not the people that attend it. I, personally, feel fortunate to go here.
Throughout my journey of education Quaker Valley School District nourished me every step of the way. This school is very academically demanding due to the belief that every student is capable of achieving anything to the highest level. Although the workload is sometimes abundant, students learn time management and hard work as a result. Given that the student body is relatively small students and teachers are able to make strong connections. As for the athletics, Quaker Valley encourages teamwork and teaches the athletes sportsmanlike conduct. By creating a nurturing environment all students are accepted thus adversity is celebrated and encouraged. Disabled students are well accommodated and treated as much as the other students as possible. Overall, this district is a very well rounded and gives all students necessary tools to succeed in desired future endeavors. However, the parents are sometimes too involved and try to shelter the students.