Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Quabbin Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Barre, MA. It has 626 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Quabbin Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A109 Students
- A+44 Students
- C+44 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+38 Students
- B+32 Students
- A-31 Students
- A+30 Students
- A-28 Students
- C+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Going to the football games29%
- Cross Country and Track events21%
- Drama Club productions21%
- Band concerts7%
- Pep rallies7%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Quabbin Regional High School
- BNarragansett Regional High School
- Narragansett Public Schools, MA
- 45 reviews
- B-Tantasqua Regional High School - Technical Division
- Tantasqua Public Schools, MA
- 41 reviews
- BWest Boylston Junior/Senior High School
- West Boylston Public Schools, MA
- 70 reviews
- B-David Prouty High School
- Spencer-East Brookfield Regional School District, MA
- 74 reviews
Quabbin Regional High School Reviews
There are many teachers at this school who will always be willing to help you whenever you need it, and genuinely want you to succeed. I had many teachers who took the time to get to know students on a personal level, and who were very understanding if someone had to pass in an assignment late or forgot to do their homework. Although there aren't many AP classes offered, the ones that are definitely help prepare students for college. I would like to see an improvement in helping students get ready for college. As a senior, I felt very confused about the college process and what I needed to get done, and I feel like the school could start educating students about what they need to do to prepare for college early on.
I like the school, there are some strong teachers. I don’t like that there is not a huge array of classes- like only one AP Calc class- level AB there are only IB language classes but not AP foreign language classes. You can’t take honors in all your classes as a Freshman and sophomore only your math classes and maybe science. No option for AP as a sophomore. I also don’t like that teachers that are not well liked by students because they don’t know how to teach are tenured. But some teachers are strong. I will say the AP classes and IB classes are definitely preparing the kids for college- they are super challenging but I am not sure they actually build up the kids confidence level.
Quabbin Regional High School is an amazing place. I never used to be involved in school but after immense support from each of my teachers, I began involved in so much! Teachers and administration here are great and always going the extra mile to help. IB is also great but does ask a ton.