Putnam Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Putnam Valley, NY. It has 567 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Putnam Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-54 Students
- A-47 Students
- B38 Students
- A+37 Students
- B36 Students
- B+35 Students
- A34 Students
- B33 Students
- A+31 Students
- A-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Putnam Valley High School
- AWestlake High School
- Mount Pleasant Central School District, NY
- 130 reviews
- ACarmel High School
- Carmel Central School District, NY
- 282 reviews
- ABrewster High School
- Brewster Central School District, NY
- 183 reviews
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 448 reviews
Putnam Valley High School Reviews
Putnam Valley High School is an excellent school for academics. The teachers all show interest in the student's well being and try their best to accommodate all students. The Authentic Science Research program within the Putnam High school is stellar, with teachers that focus heavily on developing a student's presentation, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.The science programs at Putnam Valley High school are excellent and teachers focus heavily on current issues within the scientific community and strive to keep things relevant to the times. PVHS also allows students to find their own path through various extracurricular programs, some of which were developed by students themselves. Putnam Valley High School provides a unique experience that is different from most public schools, and it shows through the success of the students.
I through fully enjoyed my experience at Putnam Valley high school, it was a close-knit community with plenty of resources for students and very accessible and interesting extracurriculars as well as academics, I was never afraid to try something new since the staff was very supportive and the teachers really did care about helping students succeed.
Throughout my four years at Putnam Valley, I have come to realize that this school and its faculty have prepared me for more than just my college career, but my whole life. I have been challenged academically and pushed to strive by both my teachers and my peers. If I ever struggled with a subject, there was always someone there to help me. Rather it be a teacher or a student tutor, I always received the help I needed. While at Putnam Valley High I always had someone to turn to. The teachers and staff here have helped me through many personal and academic obstacles. If I ever needed help with anything, from deciding what I wanted to major in to what school I wanted to attend, there was always someone to aid me. Putnam Valley has always felt like home to me, not only because it is a small school in general, but because I have a support system here that many other schools can't provide to their students.