Putnam Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Putnam Valley, NY. It has 587 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Putnam Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A47 Students
- A-39 Students
- A+33 Students
- B33 Students
- B+31 Students
- A30 Students
- B+30 Students
- B26 Students
- A+25 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Putnam Valley High School
- AWestlake High School
- Mount Pleasant Central School District, NY
- 111 reviews
- ACarmel High School
- Carmel Central School District, NY
- 257 reviews
- ABrewster High School
- Brewster Central School District, NY
- 164 reviews
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 418 reviews
Putnam Valley High School Reviews
Throughout my four years at Putnam Valley, I have come to realize that this school and its faculty have prepared me for more than just my college career, but my whole life. I have been challenged academically and pushed to strive by both my teachers and my peers. If I ever struggled with a subject, there was always someone there to help me. Rather it be a teacher or a student tutor, I always received the help I needed. While at Putnam Valley High I always had someone to turn to. The teachers and staff here have helped me through many personal and academic obstacles. If I ever needed help with anything, from deciding what I wanted to major in to what school I wanted to attend, there was always someone to aid me. Putnam Valley has always felt like home to me, not only because it is a small school in general, but because I have a support system here that many other schools can't provide to their students.
It is a small school. There are changes in the making with the schedule. We have one of the earliest start times in the country and they are looking to change this. Currently, we have a block schedule system. The academic system is pretty good, but wouldn't say it is one of the best. There is a deficiency in the english department, however, the guidance counselors are very good at helping you through the application process. We have probably the best color wars in the country.
Putnam Valley High school provides students with numerous opportunities to learn and explore skills outside of traditional course work. Students have the opportunity to join the STEM and authentic science research classes, or enroll in one of the many art courses that are available available. The performing arts center is equipped with one of the most complex rigging systems in the area, outperforming even that of the Westchester Performing Arts Center. In addition to the schools dedication to the art and sciences, the school sports a competitive athletics program. Students will find every opportunity to explore their interests at Putnam Valley High School.