Purnell is the premier college preparatory boarding school for bright girls who learn differently.
At Purnell, intellectual curiosity and student support are never mutually exclusive. Through our proprietary Learning & Wellness approach, expert faculty integrate educational rigor, academic support, and social and emotional wellness.
Our all-girls environment helps to build community and students’ initiative and leadership skills. Students are encouraged to express themselves, collaborate with peers, and grow intellectually, creatively, and personally. By the end of her experience at Purnell, each student has a stronger sense of who she is and what she can achieve.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+10 Students
- B-6 Students
- A-6 Students
- B+5 Students
- B+5 Students
- B-5 Students
- B5 Students
- A5 Students
- A-5 Students
- A+4 Students
Specialized Diploma Program
STEM, Creative Arts, and Global Citizenship Students in this program work with their program Advisor to design a course of study with additional electives in the chosen area as well as volunteer and/or internship experience off campus. Specialized Diploma candidates complete a capstone project over the course of their senior year which culminates in a presentation to the student body and faculty.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Purnell School Reviews
The faculty is unbelievably dedicated, the campus is stunning, and the school leadership team is composed of experienced, professional people. I cannot recommend it highly enough for girls who need a smaller, more nurturing environment.
It is a school that cares about how young women feel and learn. If you are seeking an individualized education that is based on best practices, sound research on effective teaching and learning then Purnell is for you.