Purcell High School is an above average, public school located in Purcell, OK. It has 373 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Purcell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A94 Students
- B63 Students
- A59 Students
- B51 Students
- C+49 Students
- C+27 Students
- B23 Students
- B22 Students
- B21 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Purcell High School Reviews
Purcell High School is a place where everyone knows everyone and treats them like how they would want to be treated. It is a great environment that many, including me, have come and accepted and have enjoyed for the four years I have spent at this high school. I mostly spent time with the band program which I have come to call a second family. Our band director is one of the best high school band directors in the state. You'll come to love him as well as the many other teachers and workers at the school. Each and every single one of them does a tremendous amount of work to keep the school in good spirits and in a good light. Purcell High School is a great environment for kids to come a receive an education.
In my experience as a Purcell High School student, I have enjoyed my high school years to an extent. Pep rallies held in the gym were always looked forward to by the student body, most teachers were willing to listen to students with an open mind and ready to help them succeed. Although, as my high school career comes to an end, I will be glad to graduate and continue my education.
I like being here. I wish the cafeteria food was more edible, and those new fluorecent lights give me headaches. Otherwise, it's great!