- HONOLULU, HI
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
For the latest news and information about Punahou School’s response to the ongoing pandemic, please visit our Health Response webpage. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A+
At Punahou School, our 76-acre campus and state-of-the art learning, athletic and art facilities provide unmatched resources and venues that give our students the tools and spaces to explore any interest and pursue any passion.
From college-preparatory courses to innovative electives, clubs and countless opportunities in athletics, art, music, theatre and more, we greatly enrich our students’ educational experience, preparing them to become well-rounded leaders of tomorrow.
Our students are taught by experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic faculty. Punahou teachers go above and beyond to provide instruction in innovative and engaging ways.
For generations, Punahou alumni have ventured across the globe to build successful careers in business, medicine, technology, government, social services, the arts, athletics and much more. While at Punahou, our students develop the skills, knowledge, vision and mindset to flourish as the next generation of leaders poised to change the world.
Punahou School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+359 Students
- grade B+312 Students
- grade A+236 Students
- grade A235 Students
- grade A217 Students
- grade A minus208 Students
- grade A+205 Students
- grade A203 Students
- grade A199 Students
- grade A minus190 Students
Design, Technology and Engineering at Punahou
Our Design, Technology and Engineering faculty are dedicated to empowering students to take purposeful action. This team of K – 12 faculty members teach students to look for the educational opportunities in taking on the challenges that they encounter, discover and create. Students learn more deeply when they are engaged in solving problems and working on challenges that inspire them.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 49 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 49 responses
- Variety Show16%
- Academy Camp12%
- Flaming P11%
- Football games11%
- An all grade camp retreat5%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 74 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 43 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade D+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C minus