Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Pulaski County High School is an above average, public school located in Somerset, KY. It has 1,203 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Pulaski County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-328 Students
- B-255 Students
- C241 Students
- B+234 Students
- B-169 Students
- B-145 Students
- C143 Students
- B-121 Students
- A-120 Students
- B+102 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Pulaski County High School Reviews
Pulaski County High School is one of the top academic public schools in our area. Students are mentally challenged daily by our wide array of teachers, who truly care about our success. For those who want a physical challenge too, we have a variety of sports programs to fit anyone, from basketball, to disc golf, and even e-sports! Our student body is diverse in ethnicity, hobbies, and personalities, which is something that is very important to me in a school. Now that I am a senior and I have seen the mechanics of the other surrounding high schools in my county, I can say with confidence that PCHS was, and still is, the best suit for me. Although I'm sad my time at this school is coming to an end, I will forever be appreciative of the memories and vast education that PCHS offered me!
My experience at Pulaski County High school was life changing. I moved here from a small town in Illinois that did not have the athletics, academics, or cultural diversity that Pulaski County High School has. We not only have remarkable athletics but also awesome art, music, and drama classes as well. Every student and teacher are willing to help you at any given time which makes this school so much more like a family unit. With such an amazing experience at Pulaski County High school I can proudly say I bleed maroon!
It was an overall positive experience, but there was a general lack of communication oftentimes, or at times, too much repetitive information that wasted time which could’ve been spent communicating more opportunities to the students. The school lacks diversity and doesn’t always value the protection of the diversities that do exist. But, the education aspect is great and I feel well prepared for college life.