Providence High School Reviews

I like that Providence challenges you throughout your time there because it sets you up for success in the future if you learn how to approach those types of challenges. The people and teachers are all great people with open personalities which is a huge plus in my book. The math department there is a little shaky with all the new teachers but I think they will get things straightened out.
Providence High School has an extremely competitive atmosphere, and it is strongly encouraged by the principal and teachers to strive for academic excellence. Although this quality is vital for a successful learning environment, the majority of the student body feels overly pressured to perform on a level close to perfection and often times will resort to unhealthy lifestyles in an attempt to keep up. As a rising senior, I have experienced this all first hand, but at least I well eqipped for college.
Although this school is academically rigorous and high scoring, the environment is very unhealthy and the students are miserable. I transferred here as a high school junior and it was one of the hardest experiences of my life. The teachers are almost unnecessarily harsh, and the "work until you're exhausted, and then work even harder" mindset that seems to be instilled into the students has led to multiple mental health crises, all in the single semester that I have been a student.
Start Your Review of Providence High School
I definitely got an amazing education at Providence, and I am so thankful for the experiences and opportunities I've had at Providence. That said, the competitive atmosphere and pressure to be the best can take a toll on the mental health of many students. It is a great environment for learning and growing, but not all students can take the extreme pressure and hours of homework this culture encourages. The school is trying to take steps to fix this following the recent tragedies. Students do leave Providence more than prepared for college, or whatever their next step is.
Let me start off by stating do not let the ratings dilute your opinions on the school. Providence High School is a very challenging school and will constantly make you question life itself. Day to day classes yield stress filled lectures and activities with excessive homework amounts. The school is filled with basic flavorless people and teachers. However, if you manage to survive all four years at Providence High School, college will be an absolute breeze. As a college student, I can say I show up to class from a late night out with little to no studying and can still maintain above a 3.9 without really trying. The constant pressure from Providence makes other everyday tasks and assignments light. So if you want to attend Providence for the academics then you're at the right institution. Now if you want to attend Providence for a fun and relaxed high school experience, I promise you this is not the place for you. Hope I could help.
Providence High School is a fairly nice enough place to spend four years' worth of education. Most of the teachers are know and are passionate about what they teach, although of course, like many other schools, not all of the teachers are. The administration is manageable enough. Academics are great - almost unparalleled in the school district, and they definitely prepare students for college; however, sometimes they over-prepare and push the students a bit too hard, stressing the students out too much with a fairly large workload. The school grounds themselves are nice and fairly well-kept, as are the buildings and classrooms. There are a wide variety of clubs, sports, and activities for students to participate in, and there is something for everybody. The same goes for classes - there is a good selection of electives to take. Overall, it is not a bad school to be at; in fact, it can be quite enjoyable sometimes.
I am in the marching band which has made my experience wonderful because I was able to have a reliable friend group so that I would have good support network. My classes are challenging and I learn something new everyday. One thing I would change is how competitive my school is. It seems like everyone always wants to be number one and it makes students lives miserable in the end.
The overall feel of the school is negative as most kids complain about how hard it is and how much work is given when really they're just lazy. I have had a great experience with all the teachers I've had, and although at times it was a little rocky trying to balance the work I received (Keep in mind I took five APs, so a lot of work was expected), I found some of the best friends and teachers I could have hoped for. That being said though, the principle was rarely seen in person. She's practically a meme and shows no willingness to interact with students and their families. For instance, when I first came to the school from out of state, my parents tried to test me out of freshman classes as I had already taken them (credit didn't transfer). They emailed her numerous times, tried to call her, and she refused to answer. She wouldn't even meet with them to discuss the issue. However, overall the school isn't too bad, and the majority of the people are wonderful.
Providence High School is a very good school to go to or send your child to. Alumni will tell you that this school definitely prepares you for college, with its rigorous courses and desire to see its students succeed. It is well-kept, issues are addressed and dealt with with an admirable level of transparency. The teachers are skilled and students feel safe here. One of the best schools you can attend in North Carolina!
I have recently joined this school in October of this year and I am a senior. All the students here put in a lot of effort to do their best. The teachers work equally hard to teach their students the hard concepts. They give a lot of homework that can be time-consuming which can be frustrating. It is one of the things we students here at Providence complain about.
Providence is where kids begin pulling all nighters in high-school. The course load is very tough, and it sometimes feels like they believe in quantity over quality. Although I believe students are overworked, I have to admit that Providence prepares students very well for college and life beyond high-school. The quality of education also depends on the teacher. Some are experts in their field while other's can barely answer their student's questions. Because of the high focus on academics the school lacks a little in athletic achievement, but the school spirit is still there. There are many things I would like to change about providence, especially its diversity, but overall it is very good school.
Providence High School pushes kids to be their very best. They have taught me to have an amazing work habit and the importance of studying hard. Although, they push their students seemingly harder then other schools, making it harder to compete with surrounding schools GPAs.
Overall, good experience and the teachers are great, but the school is not very clean. The bathroom are pretty nasty, and there is no paper towels, only air dryers. Recently, there has been a mold outbreak. The mold apparently has caused whooping cough and other respiratory illnesses. The toilets do not flush. The cafeteria food is horrible, most of it tastes like plastic. The principal cares more about advertising the schools grades than using that money to better the school. The teachers overall, do truly care about the student. Providence has so much homework, because the principal requires all teachers to give homework.
I made my best friends at providence and the students there are genuine nice people. You will get some teachers that you really love but the administration is all about pumping out the best test scores and doesn’t really care about the students. It is unreasonably hard and stressful but does prepare well for college.
I learned a lot while attending Providence High School and I definitely feel prepared for college. However, a lot of the school's emphasis was on solely academics and nothing else. I would have liked to see more recognition to students and their talents, and not all on academic ability.
Providence is a great school to got to. The work is difficult, and extremely stressful at times, but it is so worth it. The teachers are amazing at what the teach and it shows through our test scores. We at Providence always go past the state average. I have personally seen my SAT score increase by over 200 points because of how helpful the teachers are. The only downside is that it isn't too diverse in numbers. You can see lots of different ethnicities, but Providence is overwhelmingly white.
Faculty really care about student's success. There are numerous clubs and activities to participate in.
Start Your Review of Providence High School
Providence highschool is very challenging school to attend and has a great representation amount colleges. Providence leaves you highly prepared for college and provides great resources to succeed and get into college. I highly recommend this school if you plan to go.
Providence High is a great school that really prepares you for college. Once I got college, I realized how Providence really prepped me to do well in college.The curriculum is tough but worth it at Providence!Thank you Providence!
Providence is an intensive academic school. The teachers are knowledgeable and the Advanced Placement courses prepare students for the AP exams extensively. The atmosphere can be quite competitive at times. Fights hardly break out at the school and students are often amicable with each other.