COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Due to the ever-shifting circumstances surrounding public health, Providence Day will remain nimble and flexible throughout this school year. We will constantly monitor data and consult experts to keep our teaching and learning safe for our students, faculty, staff, and families. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
For more than 50 years, Providence Day School (PD) has fostered in each student a passion for learning, a strong sense of social responsibility, and a commitment to personal integrity. As a school, we exist to inspire.
Providence Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+148 Students
- grade A+83 Students
- grade A56 Students
- grade A+56 Students
- grade A53 Students
- grade A+49 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade B+42 Students
- grade A+41 Students
- grade A+41 Students
Summer at Providence Day School
Imagine your child scoring that very first goal; creating new music on the computer; learning the importance of giving to those in need. This summer, your child can experience all of this and so much more. From sports and the arts to technology and service... Imagine a Summer at Providence Day.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
- Basketball Games17%
- Football Games14%
- Spirit Week14%
- Global Speakers Series10%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- Offers Full WeekNo data available
- Offers Part WeekNo data available
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayNo data available
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C
Providence Day School Reviews
There is a genuine, and very real sense of community at PD. Kindness lives here, so does acceptance, diversity, and empathy for others. Passion for learning, the arts, athletics, technology, community and global service lives here too and thrives!
The academics are challenging while being tempered with outstanding teachers who are approachable, supportive, and top notch in their field.
The highlights of my time there was my time in the Theater, and with a select few of my teachers. They were great, and made my time there better to a certain extent. Sometimes, the message I was getting was to succeed, but not too much. Every time I asked for more through recommendations or opportunities, I never got any support.
My advisor told me not to apply to MIT or Harvard because I wouldn't get in. Like an idiot, I took their advice and didn't, and my success in college makes me think I would've gotten in if I tried.
Because I was a person of color, I had to endure a lot of pretty bad treatment. It took me my entire undergrad career to build myself back up from that experience.
The school has no interest in changing its ways. They continue to deny that they even have these problems. But, hey, at least the food is great.