Prosper High School Reviews

Prosper High School is an ever-growing community of academically strong, involved students. Everyone in the district has school spirit for every team; from football to volleyball, marching band to theatre, there is always teachers, students, and administrators there to support the Prosper Eagles.
I am a senior at Prosper High School, and the school and community has changed immensely in many ways since I was a freshman. I have had a good high school career at this school. This school has given me priceless opportunities- I have started a club, was able to take Dual Credit courses, have great experiences in the health science field, and so much more. I love that Prosper is becoming much more diverse as well. The academics are great. I have always felt safe on campus. Facilities are very nice. There are opportunities for everyone at this school, which is one of my favorite things about PHS.
The school itself is amazing; large building with beautiful architecture and many additions that make the building great (aka a food court with actual restaurants, vending machines, a chromebook cart for each classroom). The school is well known for many things, including school spirit, a renowned speech and debate program, a newly revised theatre department, and many excelling sports teams. Classes are either on-level, Pre-AP, or AP. There is an opportunity to take an AP course in 9th grade - this is a wonderful choice on the school’s part and each student that successfully passes the exam feels a lot more prepared for college! My only concern is that there are too many students in the hallway; sometimes it takes almost the whole 6-minute passing period to get to my next class because of the sheer size of the gaggle of students in the hallway. You do find different routes, though, and everything else in this school is so fantastic that that just has to be overlooked.
Start Your Review of Prosper High School
Prosper High School is full of opportunity and greatness. The majority of the faculty strive to spread greatness to their students, permitting endless success and growth to those they reach. From a students perspective, the school is full of pride and spirit. Without a doubt, there is an endless amount of clubs and organizations to get involved in thus allowing a positive social life and experience throughout the 4 years you are here. I can only ask for a strengthened math department when teaching algebra due to its necessity in most college majors. In addition to this, PHS has certainly diversified throughout my four-year attendance, however, in comparison to the surrounding schools, it is one of the least diversified of the area. Regardless, the various programs, opportunities, spirit, and the intelligence that radiates throughout this school outweigh the bad - making Prosper High school truly great.
Prosper High School is an amzing place to learn. There ar not many people in a class, about 25, so you really have a personal relationship with your teachers. I moved last year and the highschool community is very friendly. The sports facilities are state of the art as well. Overall, the highschool is great.
Prosper High School has all the resources that students need in order to prepare for college. The school hosts monthly pep rallies to help engage students and teach them about the Prosper Spirit. There are many celebrations to support our sports teams each time they compete. Teachers at Prosper work extremely hard to help their students become successful both academically and outside the classroom. The food at the high school is amazing and includes Pizza hut, Chick Fill-a, and Panera bread. The Administration works tirelessly to ensure Prosper High School is safe for students and creates the ideal environment for kids to learn.
My prosper High School experience was an amazing 4 years of my life. every thing there is amazing. and i never want to graduate because it is such a good time at the school.
Prosper has a terrific high school. I attended Prosper High School all four years. I was very involved in different activities. I was the French Club President, a varsity cheerleader, and an athletic trainer. I made life long friends and even my met my husband.
It was a small high school and it had cliques. I liked all the options for lunch (burger king, salad bar, pizza hut,etc. ) and most of the people were friendly. The assemblies every week were fun. I didn't like the strict dress code.
The admin covers up problems to maintain their image instead of fixing issues. The main focus is sports & socioeconomic status. Teachers are terrified of parents due to threatening emails from parents of students who don't do well. There hasn't been blatant discrimination of students from certain minorities (religious and LGBT+), but it is still present. Most of the school come from well-off families of the Christian faith who affiliate with the Republican party. The dress code is very unfair. If you don't comply, you are forced to change into sweatpants and a large shirt, which can cause damage to self-esteem. Many students abuse drugs such as weed, otc medications, and vapes. The situation with vaping got so bad this year, bathroom doors got taken off. The school is overcrowded, & every class has 30 students or more. Most of the faculty are nice & helpful. The facilities are state of the art, & the AP & GT programs are great. The students & admin have ruined this once great school.
I have been attending Prosper ISD schools for six years of my academic career. As I am about to enter my senior year at Prosper High School, I have been very involved in academics and UIL sports at the high school. I attend many AP classes that have done a great job preparing me for AP test and college level learning. I also play soccer for the high school and the athletic programs are the best. Students athletes must maintain all passing grades along with a clear behavior record. This holds true to all sport too. I am also involved in the Sports Medicine program which has been absolutely amazing experience and has definitely impacted what I will be majoring in in college. As for the staff and the administration, they are very good at making sure special cases of students are met. They try their best to accommodate for all students which can be extremely hard with the pace that Prosper is growing at.
Although this school is supposed to be one of the stricter ones, the admin and teachers are not consistent with the rules. Students can only get ahead if they come from a family with money. Student rank isn't accurate because parents can get their children's grades changed with threats. Prosper people are very snobby and selfish. There are so many kids in the school and all the bad kids are getting transferred once they are kicked out of their own highschool. Drugs are a problem.
Honestly the school itself is much better than most, the academics, facilities and food options are amazing. However, it's ridiculously over-crowded. When we got the new principal the school spirit kind of plummeted because administration made a lot of decisions that were very unpopular.
Prosper schooling is great with wonderful education but the people in school and in the town are rude and intitled but overall the learning experience is great, I dislike that the school is so caught up in sports it is almost more important than education itself.
I loved the school spirit. The principal (Mr. Wright at the time) was always full of energy and loved his school and his students, and it was obvious. The time spent planning pep rallies and school events really showed this. Also, the teachers were all very caring people. They actually want to see you succeed in their courses and they love it whenever students come back to visit, because they take the time to get to know each and every student of theirs.
Prosper High School is a great school with a great environment. They just recently hired a new principal, but it is still a great school. They are very focused on academics and have a talented arts and sports program. This is a place I would love for my kids to go someday.
Prosper High School has been a major part of my life for the last four years. Through advanced technology, top-of-the-line teachers, and an administrative staff that can't be beat, Prosper has helped me find the kind of student and the kind of person I am in life. Prosper High School is a school where, if you have the motivation, you can definitely thrive in a friendly and competitive environment. Students challenge one another to be their absolute best, and teachers follow suit by giving all students an equal chance to participate and learn in new classroom situations. I was able to play tennis, participate in numerous clubs and organizations (like Spanish club, the NHS, and more), take rigorous, stimulating Advanced Placement courses, and, throughout it all, I was able to feel supported by my teachers, who made it all possible without an overload of stress. Through what I've learned at PHS, I feel as though I'm ready to head to college with an open mind and a curious heart.
Start Your Review of Prosper High School
too strict and conservative, also they only care about their ratings but as a student currently in the school, its bad, everyone hates prosper. the dresscode is too strict and we have not enough freedom and rights especially since its a public school. they need to make their rules more fair and just so we can be more happy with our environment. if not everyones going to continue hating and wanting to protest , just the truth. california is way better
Prosper High School is a very good school academically there are a lot of good programs from sports to fine arts. The school has a lot of others issues that need to be solved.
Graduated from this school and the teachers and staff are always willing to help students when needed.