Prospect Ridge Academy Reviews

The academics are very strong and it is really preparing students for college. All of the classes have very high standards and push students to better themselves. The school is newer and developing which is fun to see in a student point of view. I would change the dress code though to be less strict.
Prospect Ridge Academy is a great, but challenging school. It is math and science-based which I like because that is related to what I want to go into. I believe that the math department could improve because some of the math teachers aren't great
I liked my experience here at Prospect Ridge Academy because it is unique and different than what other schools offer. Being a college preparatory school, I feel challenged in a good way to try my best. This prepares me for the future and to be successful. Apart from the academics, the environment of the school is very positive and the friendships and connections in the student life are strong. Everyone is supportive to one another and it's here that you will find friends that care about you and will work together. One thing that needs to change and is in the middle of changing is the size of the school. The school is developing and growing and is adding new facilities (a new gym for example) which the community is looking forward to because the school needs it.
Start Your Review of Prospect Ridge Academy
The teachers are very qualified and focus on individual achievement. The school is perfect for students who are willing to take responsibility for their own education. As a newer school, the high school still has some issues to address, such as funding priorities, providing gifted and talented students with greater opportunity, and maintaining a professional staff.
I loved attending PRA for the four years of high school that I was there. It was a great jump into school after being homeschooled til 8th grade. They are a college prep school that is also based on sports, and there are a lot of them, but right now we only a gym but no track or football field.
I would like to see the students treated as there age aka more freedom. It is essentially a prison school where even 18 year old students aren't allowed to go anywhere without supervision or really do anything on their own
Prospect Ridge Academy is now a K-12 and is growing school that has been founded in 2011. I have been attending PRA since 6th grade when it was just a K-6 school. Every year they added a grade level and I would be the first class. I am a Senior now who will be the first graduating class in May 2018. PRA is a college prep school with qualified teachers and supporting counselors. Although it is a small school, we've created a community and formed a family. PRA was the best decision that I have made.
They have great academics along with great staff and student relation ships. It is safe but the athletics are still developing.
Prospect Ridge Academy is a fantastic school built on a foundation meant to prepare students of all ages for college and the rest of their lives. The school puts a major emphasis on learning and academics. PRA offers a wide variety of sports for both genders, including varsity teams as a member of CHSAA. Despite providing broad opportunities for athletic students, PRA always strives to emphasize that academics come before sports and other activities. With a wide range of choices for classes, students are provided an environment to thrive in no matter their strengths or weaknesses. PRA is a smaller scale school ensuring a close-knit community as well as allowing for each student to feel significant. I would definitely recommend Prospect Ridge to kids of all ages as a wonderful K-12 school.
For the high school being a new addition, the school is doing okay but still needs some major improvements. The lack of certain sports and not having any sports fields to practice on/at is something very discouraging. The sports are not as high of a priority as they should be and the budget needs better management. The time frame for construction to be completed is not followed through with (i.e. when the school was first opened it was supposed to be finished by the time school started but it was 1-2 weeks into the school year when it was finished). When students have a problem with a staff member or a suggestion/idea for the school it is never seriously considered by the administration. The number of core classes offered is weak and there are almost no elective choices. Most of the teachers are amazing and truly have the best in mind for their students ona daily basis. The atmosphere at school is college minded and prepares students for the future.
I love Prospect Ridge Academy. The student community if very welcoming and accepting to everyone. They staff makes it a point to make sure that you understand everything going on in class. I love the smaller classes with more of a one on one feel.