Prospect Mountain High School is an above average, public school located in Alton, NH. It has 500 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Prospect Mountain High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-85 Students
- B-54 Students
- B29 Students
- B28 Students
- B-25 Students
- B21 Students
- A-21 Students
- C20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Prospect Mountain High School
- BGilford High School
- Gilford School District, NH
- 82 reviews
- BBelmont High School
- Shaker Regional School District, NH
- 77 reviews
- B-Kingswood Regional High School
- Governor Wentworth Regional School District, NH
- 99 reviews
- CLaconia High School
- Laconia School District, NH
- 89 reviews
Prospect Mountain High School Reviews
Prospect Mountain High School is a fun and safe environment. They take their mission statement seriously, every staff member is dedicated to personalize education in order to maximize every student’s success!
I love prospects teachers, they are all amazing and want to see you succeed. There are many options for everyone in the after school clubs, like robotics, outing club, and theater. The education is amazing but I think that high school really holds your hand and lets go at graduation. There are too many teachers who will walk you through everything and make sure you have a perfect grade, which for some people, is too easy and they need a challenge like me.
The teachers get to know their students so well, and it makes it easier to feel comfortable getting help. Despite being a small school, there are plenty of opportunities for extra-curricular activities. Generally the student body gets along well together as a whole--there's very little fighting or aggression in the school environment, making it a safe and happy place to be.