Prospect High School Reviews

I liked the autonomy that came with Prospects. I could work as fast as I wanted and was able to graduate six months earlier than planned. My teacher was absolutely fantastic.
The people at Prospect evoke drastically different feelings-they are either the best people you'll ever meet or the absolute worst. However, the school offers a wide range of extracurricular opportunities and the staff are more than accomodating if you have external conflicts that require assistance. Overall a good school, but could improve on the range of academic opportunities in the future, as the languages and electives are rather limited.
PHS has a varied selection of classes that offer new skills to students. An example is the Video Production classes, which are well stocked with the latest technology.
Start Your Review of Prospect High School
The Prospect Theatre Arts Department is a small family that puts on spectacular productions. The auditorium itself provides new learning opportunities for technicians and actors alike. Mr. M is also an amazing, experienced theatre arts teacher who gives a safe space for expression. However, the current principal doesn’t seem to make an effort to get to know the community of families in Prospect High School, and anti-Semitic tension found in classrooms isn’t getting resolved.
I was on the wrestling team at prospect and had some of the best times of my life on that team. Aside from my athletic expierience, however, the rest of my time was not so great. The guidance councilors were often never any help. The students considered them to be lazy because they took forever to help a student with the simplist things such as sending in there transcripts to colleges on time.
I enjoyed the variety of classes available and the strong school spirit. However, I felt that many of the teachers did not sufficiently support their students.
Prospect High School's environment is very welcoming and the students are friendly as well as the teachers but the campus feels like a prison. There is always a policeman by the exit of the school during lunch and the campus is gray. By the second semester, most teachers are tired of teaching and will do the bare minimum, not preparing their students for tests or exams. The food on campus was changed to be healthier but it all taste like cardboard and the vending machines were taken away after a few months.
The teachers and overall school community is very including and accpeting of everyone. With clubs and sports for all students to particepate in to great educational classes.
Prospect High School is pretty decent. The academics can be challenging if one chooses to take AP classes, but then again, there is not a lot of AP selection compared to other schools. Over the past few years however, they began to add more challenging classes which is nice.
Also, Prospect High School recently added new buildings, but half of the air conditioners in the science building don't work. Nice.
The teachers and faculty overall gave me a good experience. While some teachers lacked in empathy and character, many of my teachers truly cared and tried to help me succeed in my academics. Also, some of the faculty spent quality time with me in my scary move to middle college.
Prospect High is a school that is very diverse and a really fun school to be in. Everyone is mostly friendly and you can get along with everyone easily, the staff is good as well.
Most of the teachers are great, but the math and physics department could use some help. I liked most classes, but the administration is very stubborn, especially the counselors. They will not let you change any classes for any reason, and the administration will get very frustrating. They could also use new facilities, but overall, not a bad experience.
Prospect has a good variety of electives, a lot of diversity in students and many opportunities to be involved with extra curricular activities. In general, I think most students and teachers are kind and caring.
These past few years at Prospect High School have been great. I was able to easily get involved in clubs and explore my interests. The teachers that guided me were supportive of the choices I made; they really contributed immensely to my opinion on the school. Overall, the sports are engaging, the theater program is really involved, and the courses are fairly challenging. Although the environment is naturally competitive, the students are very diverse. Students get involved in activities and show lots of school spirit.
Pretty good athletics program, good music and theater program. Some teachers are great, but some simply don't teach well. The school accommodated my class when a math teacher was unfit to teach a class and assigned us a new teacher for the second semester. The students, because of the Silicon Valley environment, are very competitive, and therefore the AP classes are very challenging. The clubs are generally very fun, and students get involved during spirit days.
My overall experience at Prospect High School has been been a great one. I was able to make new friends in my classes, friendships that I know will last a long time after graduation.
I enjoyed being at Prospect High School. I liked the academics provided and there are good teachers at the school. It is a pretty diverse school with respect for culture. There is a lot of school spirit and fun events to attend. I would fix certain buildings, and add a few clubs for students to sign up for.
Start Your Review of Prospect High School
Prospect High School is an extremely diverse campus with lots of activities to get involved in. Prospect provides students with many resources at every grade level to ensure success and college readiness. The staff tries it's hardest to accommodate your issues, but will occasionally not be able to fix requests/needs. It is not often that you have teachers that are unfit for the job, but there has been some cases where you get a teacher that is rude and unhelpful. Prospect is a very safe campus, filled with plenty adult personnel.
In my four years of going to Prospect high school i think it wasnt the best but it was also not the worst 4 years of my life. One of the many things I liked about Prospect High School is the diversity we have with many races. From African Americans to Mexicans has mad it very good overall. I also really enjoyed the Spirit weeks with all the classes because it brought us together. But what be changed is the food because the quality isnt that great.
Overall the school helps students academically with their grades and there is a lot of clubs to join