Prospect High School Reviews

Prospect High School stands out as an institution among others in the area. The diverse level of academic courses and rigour provide students with a challenge to learn, and the faculty is always there for the students' advantage. Prospect High School constantly rewards my greatest goals and desires with the opportunities to succeed, and the encouragement to make the strongest impact.
I liked the diversity within the school. Many ethnic groups and cultures which makes the Prospect High School we know today.
Awesome education, great after-school activities, good sports, and athletics. Award-winning. Parking lot needs improvement.
Not very much diversity.
Start Your Review of Prospect High School
Prospect is a really good school in terms of academics and preparing for college. It’s sports aren’t the best but my experience with the people here has been nothing but good.
Prospect is a great school that is preparing me for college well and presents me with opportunities for colleges or jobs after I graduate. The teachers are great and are an amazing resource to students. Overall Prospect is an amazing school that I am more than happy to attend.
It's Called the White Castle for a reason. Lacks diversity (79% are white). Teachers and faculty are truly one of a kind, you can't find that dedication and passion for teaching anywhere else. Bianchi = GOAT
I loved the music program at Prospect High School and the academic program got me more than ready for my college experience. Additionally, there were a ton of great elective courses available for me to take at Prospect. The one course in particular that I heavily enjoyed was advanced strength and conditioning. This course taught me how to weight lift with proper form and has gotten me into being physically active over the last 5 years with different stgth programs.
I really liked my four years at Prospect. There are high academic standards expected of all students, and that is one of the reasons why I believe I achieved academic success. The school offers a variety of courses that are challenging but at the same time instructive. I found that almost all of my teachers were nice people who were qualified to teach, and all of them prepared me for standardized testing and the next level. There are also many activities available at Prospect, so you will never be bored. One thing I disliked about our school is the fact that because we have a pool, we are required to have a swimming unit in gym. The swimming unit is my least favorite unite because the pool is cold, the locker rooms are dirty, and I am wet all day. Also, the school is very large but the passing periods are only four minutes, meaning students are regularly late to class. Other than that, my overall experience has been at Prospect has been a good one.
Prospect High School is a very great establishment that prepares its students for colleges and provides them with the necessary resources and facilities to do so. Its Advanced Placement classes are rigorous enough to make you feel you are taking a college-level course and it effectively prepares you for the Advanced Placement Tests. The College Career Advisors and counselors help you every step of the way, even if you do not ask for help. Your teachers are more than willing to help you after school hours if you need help as well; they are generally kind and proficient in their subjects. The students are in a safe environment and interact with each other in a friendly manner. Its extracurriculars are exciting enough to make you develop an interest for it in college as well.
So far I am enjoying my time at prospect, the staff is nice, the activities are good, and everyone is friendly.
Teachers are great and overall a very good school. Great choice of electives. The teachers are friendly and encourage you to succeed. Most sports are very accepting and electives. School campus is very nice and there’s is not a lot of bullying or extreme drug use.
Incredible teachers, great fine arts program, and an overall great high school education. Go knights?
Prospect High School has done a good job getting my kids ready for college. Both earned sizable merit based scholarships and are currently earning over 3.0 at their colleges and are earning honors. Both my kids were active in extra curricular at PHS and kept busy so balancing college and various clubs at university were not big stressors. There are so many types of activities at PHS that if you child chooses to be a part of something outside of just school they will find a good fit (one of mine loved the robot rumble and loved science Olympiad, the other loved athletics and being in team sports).
The academics at prospect are great, no doubt, but the prospect administration like teachers, counselors, deans etc. definelty could be more helpful. many teachers don’t understand that students struggle with mental health issues which can delay schoolwork weather the student is hospitalized or just struggling. Teachers and counselors could be a lot more helpful. Sports teams are super hard to get on and there is no diversity, it’s called the white castle.
I really love going here so far. There are so many resources and things to do. There are so many opportunities here and the counselors are so helpful. Especially with college help.
As my senior year at Prospect draws to a close, I've oftentimes found myself reflecting on what Prospect has really done for me. To start, the academics at Prospect are unmatched, especially for a public school. There are so many AP courses that I have never once heard someone complain that Prospect doesnt offer what they were looking for, there's something for everyone. At Prospect, there is an expectation of excellence. The faculty as well as your peers are constantly pushing you to be your best, but in a positive way. This creates a good environment for students. Prospect is like one big family. The strong, positive school culture makes a relatively large public school seem small. The academic rigor has prepared me well to move onto college next year, and I'm very thankful that I went to this school.
Prospect has been an amazing experience! The teachers are willing to help students, and there are great programs to get academic help.
Start Your Review of Prospect High School
This school is a very good academic school. I felt as though the administration did a good job setting us up for college. They offer a lot of honors and AP courses. One thing that I did not like about this school was that it was very cliquey. People would pair off into small groups and never talk to anyone outside of that group. Coming from a middle school were only 20 out of our 100+ graduating class went to Prospect, it was hard to make friends if you did not go to one of the big feeder schools in the area. Overall a good school. Nice faculty, nice building, wide array of food options in the cafeteria, etc.
Prospect was a very good high school. I created a lot of connections with the staff there that I will never forget. A lot of teachers try to look out for you and provide the best for your academic needs. Yet, you need you open up to them and create that connection for doors to open. Overall, great high school experience.
I have been lucky to have a great experience with PHS. It is a very positive atmosphere with a lot of kind students and faculty. We also have a therapy dog named Ringo that you can come and pet whenever you want/need which is amazing.
The teachers are very helpful and want to see you succeed. They are able to recognize when you are putting in effort, even if it does not show up on your grades. I have not yet had one bad teacher, and a lot of my past teachers have actually given me a lot of amazing life advice. I will definitely keep in touch with some of them after I graduate!