Princeton High School is an above average, public school located in Princeton, IL. It has 518 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Princeton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+29 Students
- B28 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-16 Students
- B15 Students
- A+14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B13 Students
- A-12 Students
- A12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Princeton High School
- BBureau Valley High School
- Bureau Valley Community Unit School District No. 340, IL
- 43 reviews
- B-Hall High School
- Public School
- Spring Valley, IL
- 34 reviews
- B-Depue High School
- DePue Unified School District No. 103, IL
- 13 reviews
- B-La Moille High School
- LaMoille Community Unit School District No. 303, IL
- 21 reviews
Princeton High School Reviews
I enjoy the literature classes because they're informative, encourage forward thinking, and allow us to question and determine where we belong in school, work enviroments, and society. Certain required classes, such as physical education, computer concepts, government or civics, and health, should be examined and made so that students find the classes captivating, informative, and applicable enough to consider, use, and apply the information beyond the semester.
My experience at PHS wasn't bad. Some teachers were iffy, but there were others that were phenomenal and that taught me everything about their subjects. The Sports programs are very good as well.
I am glad to be attending the same school as my mom and grandmother. Although the building has changed several times since they attended it has remained an overall good hometown school. I have enjoyed the relatively small class sizes and personal attention from teachers. I have had the opportunity to attend a vocational school to start my nursing career. The environment at the school has been easy to to adapt to also.