Princess Anne High School Reviews

Locally famous for it's school pride, Princess Anne High School is also in the top 1,000 high schools nationwide thanks to an active and competitive International Baccalaureate Program. School is almost always violence free and has a police officer present during most school hours.

However both Administration and Guidance office are often blind to problems of both teachers and students alike.
Counselors who actually cared about their students would really help. The librarians are fantastic and truly have a stake in student performance. Most teachers are caring and competent.
PA immediately eliminated all of my fears about starting high school. I quickly made friends in the environment that is not stuck up or cliquey. The building is definitely in need of replacement (be prepared for some "fire drills" caused by pipes leaking on the fire alarm wires), but overall, the students and culture here make up for the building. There has been a lot of turn over in administration, so they are a little too lenient on the rules sometimes, especially for students in the academy, but the teachers are great, and the administrators are all friendly. There is also very little competition to outdo your peers, such as is often seen in wealthier schools.
Start Your Review of Princess Anne High School
The school is kinda bland in terms of its diversity. The people are really smart but can be overwhelming.
I was impressed with its diversity in teaching and in students. All the students are very well behaved and the teachers are willing to do all in their power to teach their students and prepare them for the world ahead. I am very impressed with this school and highly recommend it.
The IB program at Princess Anne High School is pretty good. However, you will find a lot of "busy" work during junior and senior year. I think it did prepare students for college well.
My experience at PAHS has been pretty good, I've been attending high school and the IB program here since 2015. The sports teams are pretty average, but we make up for it in school spirit! We have a very committed SCA that put together homecoming dances and festivities, any student who's looking to get involved and help the school can certainly do that if they choose. The one major drawback would probably be the buildings themselves, some have been rebuilt since the school's original opening but most are originals, which are definitely a bit dingy. Overall, I wouldn't have wanted to go to high school anywhere else, the relationships and experiences I've cultivated here matter much more to me than the state of the building itself.
Pretty fine, not many complaints about the school itself. Many of the students are total pricks, but that isn't the school's fault. My guidance counselor was almost never available when I needed her, so that sucked. Only ever had one teacher that I hated there.
Princess Anne High School is a very friendly and spirited school. The positive energy is contagious, and it provides a very welcoming atmosphere that most students there absolutely love. Although the workload is very challenging, it encourages me to want to do well and be a good student. The teachers also help to accomplish this by being so kind and make the information interesting and fun to learn.
Overall, a positive atmosphere with lots of school spirit and student involvement. In spite of a few bad apples here and there, you get the feeling that the majority of teachers and administrators actually care about the kids and what's in their best interest.
I thought Princess Anne Highschool was a great place for me to develop friends and focus on my studies in high school, it could have done allot better in terms of being better at sports that are generally seen as popular in america but outside of that it was a great experience
This school provided incredible opportunities for its students. There was a club or organizations for everyone, and had a stellar music department. The marching band offered me another family and a time of personal development. I learned about my leadership styles in high school, and this school provided me the opportunity to find my passion in Student Affairs.
It was an honor and pleasure to attend Princess Anne High School. I met so many people with different nationalities such as Asians, Caucasians, African Americans, and Muslims. The people at Princess Anne High School were very friendly. This made it so much easier to make friends. My classmates had bright personalities that made school more interesting each day. The one thing I would change about Princess Anne High School is during my senior prom and graduation time they are scheduled one week apart. I would schedule the senior prom a month before graduation because it would give students and parents more time to plan.
I am so honored to say that I go to Princess Anne High School. I have felt that I have found myself and my family here. The people here, including staff, are absolutely amazing!! There is so much love in the PA family!
The only thing I would change about PA is the physical school building.
LOVE this school. Fantastic teachers and opportunities for kids to get involved. They highly encourage students to pursue what they are passionate about.
Princess Anne high school holds vast opportunities to those who seek a challenge. The language department offers more than just one or two areas of study, and there are numerous honor studies that one can take part in. There are many activities that go on after school and enjoyable events that welcome the holiday. From football to baseball there are many physical activities to take part in and represent school pride. Princess Anne is very inclusive, and is filled with the sound of teachers engaging students knowledge and directing them to a brighter future.
At Princess Anne high school I got to experience teamwork when being on the cross country team. By far, my favorite thing about Princess Anne is all the hand-on- hand classes. I love the fact that when I’m in culinary class I get to learn how to cook. Before I took that class you would always here me say,”eww I’m never cutting raw chicken.” But now I help in the kitchen all the time at my house. One thing I would change about this school are the guidence counselors. As being a senior this coming up Fall, I do have a lot of questions about college. I needed to ask someone about scholarships and college. When I need my counselor she isn’t alway there for me, but luckily I found niche.com.
Start Your Review of Princess Anne High School
Friendly students and staff, good food, easy to find classes, teachers always available to help, challenging course but doable, great sports teams, great location near Virginia Beach and Town Center.
I liked the community and spirit throughout my first three years; however it has died down when all the teachers and administration left to go to another school.
More thoughtful food selection to ensure a decent health standard is set for students, better communication of clubs and events, better club scheduling to prevent things from overlapping. However, teachers are excellent and I come challenged with something new.