Prince George High School Reviews

Prince George High School is a really good school to attend! They have a really good academic program. The teachers and staff members are very helpful. They do everything they can to help students pass their classes and help them graduate. The teachers take their teaching very seriously. They also have a program that helps students that are new around the school. They even have a great program for for students that have a learning disabilities. If you want your child to have a quality education, I recommend that you send them to Prince George High school. That is why I think Prince George High School is a great school!
Pringe George High School wasn't too bad. It wasn't the best either. Their football team was terrible but their drama club was awesome. It seemed pretty diverse and I was in several clubs. The food was terrible but the french fries were amazing! Not sure if that's changed though.
Prince George has lots of options for the children to explore. They partner with local community colleges to get the students ahead of the game when starting to think about college.
Start Your Review of Prince George High School
Prince George is a community that supports each other, and challenges each other to be the best that one can be. The thing that I would make better is more funding to have more challenging courses available to students.
Very nice and supportive teachers. Although some are rude and sarcastic. Experience as a student depends on the type of person you are. Racism and homophobia is sometimes an issue. School spirit overall could be better but its not horrible.
I love how involved the teachers are with all of their students. I wish you could change the scheduling process up some. For example i only needed to classes to graduate but they made me fill up my schedule with others i didn't need to graduate. Other than that i think my over all experience at PGHS has been very good. Some of the other kids would disagree with me but i believe they do a great job at making sure every single one of their students succeed onto bigger and better things. I also can say for myself that PG has a very caring community about them especially when something awful or tragic has occurred especially something that has shaken up all of PGHS. So thank you PG for all that you guys do for us!
The kindness of the people there and everyone knows everyone. The school spirit is unlike no other school. If you want to make life-long friends Prince George High school is the perfect place to make them at.
It was a very fun experience. I always had amazing teachers. They were always helpful. I was involved in many extra curricular activities like dance team and theatre. I was in all honors classes. All of the people were very nice. Our school events like football and basketball games and pep rallies were a very great experience.
Prince George High School is a great learning environment for students who would like to pursue an education after high school. The faculty and staff are supportive and extremely helpful, donating 2 sometimes 3 hours after school to help students who have not grasped the concept of the class they are in. But there are some things that I would like to see changed such as the interior design of the school and sports facilities. All in all Prince George High School is a great place.
I like Prince George High School because it is small enough to know everyone, but also big enough to have many successful sports teams. The academics are challenging, but the school spirit is overwhelmingly bright. There are a variety of clubs and activities to become a part of. One thing I would change would be the building itself; it needs some renovations.
Prince George High School is truly one of a kind. I have found many friends that I will keep for a lifetime and achieved things I never imagined. I also got to go to back to back state tournaments with my field hockey team through Prince George High School
I enjoyed the school very much. The temperature in the building should be fixed because some days it was excessively cold, so it was hard to think in class.
I am a graduate of Prince George High School and a previous student of the Petersburg school system. The academic standard is much higher at this location than that of the surrounding areas and it is also a safer location to go to school. I was very active in sports and held office in many clubs while at PGHS. I am also a minority that was raised in a single parent home with a low income. If it wasn't for the education I received at Prince George High School, I would not have had the chance to go to college. As an adult with friends who have become teachers I know that unfortunately not all teachers go into their career wanting to make a difference. Regardless that does not take away from the academic standard PGHS holds because they do enforce high performance. I may not have 'loved' all my teachers but I respect what Prince George High School had given me which was an actual education and a chance.
The school went from one of the best in central VA to a poor excuse of a school system. The buses are always late. There are few fights but when fights happen, they get very violent because administrators don’t know what they’re doing. The building is old and there are rats and roaches. A snake fell out of the ceiling last year. There’s mold in the building and many students are transfers from poor areas and have caused the school to become ghetto. I want to move. On the bright side, there are teachers in this school that would jump off a bridge for the students. We have great french fries and if you like small towns, you might like living here. But don’t expect much from this school system. I would know.
This is my first year at Prince George High and I’m not a fan, to be honest. I have good friends, but a lot of people aren’t very welcoming. My classes are great, I have amazing teachers and the clubs give great opportunities. The food has gotten better over the past year according to what I’ve been told. The faculty could use some work on attitude and how they go about their ways of speaking to students. The worst part about the school is money, we have no money for resources. They are continuously asking students for money week after week for clubs and resources which is aggravating to me. Also they have these SOL tests, I don’t like them. I just moved here for being overseas for a long time, I have never taken one. Because of that I have to take 5 SOLs that we’re required from freshman and sophomore year and take SOLs that are required for my junior year, this year. It’s not fair for me or any other student who has moved around.
My time at PGHS was short as I had to opportunity to begin college a year early through a special dual enrollment program. However, I met a lot of great people and made lots of memories at this school.
Prince George High School is good for academics and has a few wonderful teachers and the others are average. Could use an increase in opportunities for after school activities.
Start Your Review of Prince George High School
School Security is up to date. The staff is nice and most of all the school is accredited and offer a lot of activities .
My experience with Prince George High is very short . In high school , I felt I wasn't learning as much as I wanted and was more focused on passing a test . When I went into my first year of college , I did not feel prepared at all. In college beyond it being a first experience and getting used to a new environment , I felt behind when it came to writing papers . Though I was a good writer , my knowledge about writing wasn't as wide as what was expected out of professors.
As an alum of the school who is now a Junior in college, Prince George did not prepare me for college courses. I found myself struggling to barely make it by my first year of college because the curriculum at Prince George had been son easy for me. Also the administration seems to be more focused on regulating what the students do more so than ensuring they excelled in academics.