Prince Edward County High School is a public school located in Farmville, VA. It has 671 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Prince Edward County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-71 Students
- B66 Students
- B+66 Students
- A60 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+52 Students
- B-37 Students
- A-36 Students
- B32 Students
- A+31 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesC+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Prince Edward County High School Reviews
Very unruly classrooms unless you are part of DE, AP, or Governors’ School programs, which is a small percentage of the school population. Many uncaring and sometimes seemingly uneducated teachers that lack management skills. Poor food, overly strict yet uncaring, domineering administration, poor food and very few clubs. The sports are alright though and the resources and college prep are great. Great guidance counselors and lots of attempts to reach out to the parents. 8/10 resources, 2/10 environment.
Prince edward county highschool has provided me with plenty of friends. The students in this school are loyal friends. They help you succeed and create wonderful memories along the way. The teachers want nothing but to see you be successful, you can go to tuem with any problem you have and they won't fail in helping you solve it. This high school is predominately african American, so if I were to change something in our school I'd like to see more of a role model image in our administration.
I'm a senior and my experience at Prince Edward could've been way better. The classes suck and are reckless unless you're enrolled into AP or DE classes. The food isn't that good unless they make certain dishes. The administration is overly strict about simple situations. Since I've been through four years here, I'm a proud Eagle, but if I had a choice, I'd choose somewhere else to graduate