Priceville High School is an above average, public school located in Decatur, AL. It has 440 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Priceville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A51 Students
- B+51 Students
- B-50 Students
- A47 Students
- A-46 Students
- A45 Students
- B29 Students
- B26 Students
- B21 Students
- A-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Priceville High School Reviews
The administration at Priceville needs to treat every student equally. That’s the biggest change that needs to happen. The other changes aren’t that serious some of those would include better food and better and more reliable resources. Also better college preparation is an important aspect of high school that was absent at Priceville High School. Having said that there are some excellent teachers at Priceville who’s classes did prepare students for college level courses. Overall my experience with Priceville High School was a good one however, I would have preferred to be prepared for college instead of taking easy classes and breezing by with ease.
Priceville High is definitely making progress. They are providing more classes each year and are actively trying to make sure students get the best experience possible. However, I would like to see more college preparation and clubs.
The facilities are very nice. The teachers do their best to help prepare you for college. There is a variety of classes to choose from and many opportunities, such as, dual-enrollment. The staff do their best to make schedules that work well for everyone. The way problems are handled needs to be improved. ISS seems to be the way to solve everything, but that needs to be changed. Also, the new rules that are made up in the middle of the school year need to be done away with. They only work for about a week, and then everyone forgets about them. There is no point in making them in the first place.