Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Pretty Prairie High School is a public school located in Pretty Prairie, KS. It has 69 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1.
Pretty Prairie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+20 Students
- A-16 Students
- B-13 Students
- B11 Students
- B6 Students
- A4 Students
- A-4 Students
- B3 Students
- B-3 Students
- B+3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Pretty Prairie High School Reviews
Great academic and extracurricular activity opportunities. Participating is easy in music, plays, sports, and clubs. I personally was involved in most activities to some capacity and was treated well within the school and community and achieved success at state and national levels in some activities. This was even with multi-colored hair and dressing goth while in high school. It is a school you can make the most of your opportunities with if you allow yourself to and don't get boggled down with drama within a small community.
With no cheerleaders this year, unsportsmanlike behavior from certain parents was much more noticeable. Fans often loudly protested calls, driving many referees to refuse to come officiate our games and for the principal to write an editorial in the local paper pleading for parents to display better sportsmanship at the games.
If you're in sports, you have more options for participation. There is a high-quality forensics program, and the music program is strong. Other than that, participation opportunities are limited unless you have an interest in agriculture with the FFA program...not everyone is interested in farming.