Prestonsburg High School
- PRESTONSBURG, KY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Prestonsburg High School is a public school located in PRESTONSBURG, KY. It has 482 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Prestonsburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+117 Students
- grade B minus101 Students
- grade B minus85 Students
- grade C61 Students
- grade C+55 Students
- grade A minus36 Students
- grade B minus34 Students
- grade B29 Students
- grade B+28 Students
- grade B minus25 Students
View Homes Near Prestonsburg High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Honor Choir50%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,443 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
Schools like Prestonsburg High School
- grade B minusBetsy Layne High School
- Floyd County Public Schools, KY
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 44 reviews
- grade C+Magoffin County High School
- Magoffin County Public Schools, KY
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 31 reviews
- grade B minusJohnson Central High School
- Johnson County Public Schools, KY
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 108 reviews
- grade unavailableNorthpoint Academy
- Pike County Public Schools, KY
Prestonsburg High School Reviews
Rating 3.52 out of 5 52 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I enjoyed the welcoming atmosphere in Prestonsburg High School very much. However, I believe the curriculum could be a bit tougher and more challenging. The teachers here are always willing to help students out by counseling and explaining further in subjects. The athletic programs are incredible.
My experience with Prestonsburg High School has been very good. Teachers and staff are very caring and personable and are willing to help out in any way you need. With such a small student body at PHS, teachers are able to adjust their speed of teaching to fit each class best and make sure each student is receiving the attention they need.
Love my school, small town feel, teachers really care about the students. They prepare students for life outside of High School, not just for college but for adulthood.