Preston High School is a public school located in Preston, ID. It has 755 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Preston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+155 Students
- B-114 Students
- B89 Students
- A+54 Students
- B52 Students
- A44 Students
- A-31 Students
- C+30 Students
- C+21 Students
- B-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Preston High School Reviews
Preston High so far has been a really good experience overall. I have always had teachers that encourage me, and tell me that I can accomplish whatever I want to. However, one thing I would like to see change is that the counselors need to help high school seniors with their college transcripts. Various people, not just myself, have had to go into the counselors at least three times in order for them to send their transcripts in. Even though they said that they have already sent them in! However, overall Preston High has been an awesome experience and I will definitely miss all of the memories and friends that I have made there.
I like the social part of Preston High School. There are quite a few activities that everyone can participate in. I also like that there are many electives and clubs, especially for such a small school. Personally, I wish that there was a little more value placed on college readiness. I also wish that there was more support for the school's music programs and not just the sports. Also, all of the sports need to be included, not just football and basketball. Overall, more inclusion of the diversity of interests is what I think would be a good thing.
It was so great! The teachers are so down to earth and are very involved and supportive of the students. They strive for improvement and the success of the students. The kids were excepting and it had a lot of fun classes to offer.