Preston High School is a public school located in Kingwood, WV. It has 1,205 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-184 Students
- B-148 Students
- B42 Students
- B-41 Students
- C+40 Students
- B-37 Students
- C+36 Students
- C34 Students
- C+31 Students
- B-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Preston High School Reviews
Preston High is an awesome school! I have never seen participation from any other high school that rivals the excitement that is generated from the student body, specifically at sporting events. I love how the the teachers interact with the students to provide a fantastic learning atmosphere. Preston High ties in perfectly with the spirit of the community to create a harmonious relationship between students, parents, teachers, administrators, and businesses.
Preston High School is a nice place to be, the Career Technical Education programs are very good and produce a lot of successful individuals in multiple fields such as; Agriculture, Auto body/mechanics, Carpentry, CISCO, Electrician, JRTOC (helps familiarize yourself with the Military and leadership), CNA/MA programs, Business, food prep, and a good few more. The Academics are good too, with plenty of Dual Credit (college level) and Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Most of the people are nice and the teachers are easy to get along with.
I liked Preston's diverse community and how the students show you what it's like to have a true sisterhood. Whenever there is a problem we come together as a community to solve it. I also like the food now that we got a new cafeteria service. The teachers here really care about you and you're not just a number to them. Teachers are also very flexible when it comes to test dates, and due dates. Preston also has a lot of clubs and teams to join so you're bound to find something you like, and if you don't you can always start a club. Preston also has a lot of events that take place and games that are held here after school. Preston also has dances where the boys from other Catholic schools are invite to come and join us.