Preston High School is a public school located in Kingwood, WV. It has 1,205 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-176 Students
- B-139 Students
- B37 Students
- B-37 Students
- C+36 Students
- C+34 Students
- C33 Students
- B-32 Students
- C+28 Students
- B-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Preston High School Reviews
Preston High is an awesome school! I have never seen participation from any other high school that rivals the excitement that is generated from the student body, specifically at sporting events. I love how the the teachers interact with the students to provide a fantastic learning atmosphere. Preston High ties in perfectly with the spirit of the community to create a harmonious relationship between students, parents, teachers, administrators, and businesses.
Preston High school is a rural school. One of the advantages of Preston High is the Career and Technical department where we offer programs such as nursing, auto mechanics and agriculture. This is Preston High school’s best asset. The downfall of the school is our lack of funding. Throughout my four years I have only received two textbooks to use at home; the rest are only able to be used in class. This is because the school can not afford all of the books. This year teachers are now limited on the amount of copies they can make per month. The limit is an insufficient number in comparison to the students they teach. Overall Preston High is a decent school, but the lack of funds and outside support hurts the acedimics and students.
I had some amazing teachers and peers but the entire school is underfunded. It was kind of gross and seemed old even though the school is probably only 20 years old. I did not have a single good math teacher and had several classes without a teacher for at least half a semester. The arts program though is phenomenal. The theater and band programs are fantastic and taught by amazing women. Despite the seemingly underfunded look of the school, the teachers I had were awesome!