- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B
Located in the Bronx, Preston High School is an all-girls private Catholic college preparatory school rooted in the virtues of dignity, honor, respect and compassion. Through a broad and challenging curriculum, a diverse, faith-centered community and a commitment to service, Preston empowers young women by providing them with the skills needed to become compassionate leaders for change in their world.
Preston offers a wide selection of courses and activities in a welcoming and nurturing environment. Our co-curricular program of after-school clubs and organizations is inclusive and provides a means of personal expression and exploration of interests for our diverse student population. Our sports program fields JV and Varsity teams in 5 sports.
PHS graduates are accepted to a wide range of colleges and universities, including some of the most selective schools in the nation. Alumnae consistently report back that they feel well prepared to handle the academic demands of their college.
Preston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B179 Students
- grade B154 Students
- grade A+153 Students
- grade A129 Students
- grade B127 Students
- grade A minus116 Students
- grade B minus102 Students
- grade A minus99 Students
- grade B+89 Students
- grade A80 Students
Guidance and the Freshmen Academy
Our Freshman Academy offers academic and emotional support to our newest students to ease their transition to high school. Mentors, teachers and guidance counselor meet regularly to get to know the freshmen and their strengths and weaknesses. Junior Ambassadors meet with Freshmen to make them feel welcome and to encourage their participation in the life of the school outside of the classroom.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 23 responses
- Step Up Day26%
- Preston Idol14%
- The Play12%
- Compassion Connection events10%
- Class Parties8%
- Spirit Week5%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 36 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade D+