Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Presque Isle High School is an above average, public school located in Presque Isle, ME. It has 523 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Presque Isle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B123 Students
- C+88 Students
- B-80 Students
- C+56 Students
- B-49 Students
- B32 Students
- C+29 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+24 Students
- C+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Presque Isle High School
- C+Washburn District High School
- Regional School Unit No. 45 (MSAD 45), ME
- 40 reviews
- C-Fort Fairfield Middle/High School
- Regional School Unit No. 86 (MSAD 86), ME
- 32 reviews
- B-Easton Junior/Senior High School
- Easton Public Schools, ME
- 17 reviews
- B-Caribou High School
- Regional School Unit No. 39 (MSAD 39), ME
- 74 reviews
Presque Isle High School Reviews
The staff is very nice, the teachers are excellent. Our sports teams have been state champion holders and our competition theatre group is really good! I would like to see more opportunity nationally for high school seniors, despite us being just a small northern maine town!
Overall great school. Outstanding English department made college English seem so easy! Lacks overall upper level courses such as AP or dual enrollment offerings. Most teachers are great and care about student success. I think the school would benefit from offering more elective courses specific in things like medicine, business, or art. Courses like a medical terminology course would benefit a lot of students looking to enter the healthcare field.
I am a senior at Presque Isle High School. I've been a student there all four years of high school. I've also been in this district since Pre-K. The district has very friendly and helpful staff members and students. It's been such a pleasure to be able to have gone through this district in my twelve years of schooling. They care for their students, make sure parents are updated and involved, and there are so many traditions that have been going on for decades that amp up the spirit of the schools. It's the place where I've made lifelong friendships and met some of the most influential teachers that have made success possible.