Presque Isle High School is an above average, public school located in Presque Isle, ME. It has 558 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Presque Isle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+68 Students
- C50 Students
- B48 Students
- C+35 Students
- B31 Students
- B-21 Students
- B17 Students
- A+16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Presque Isle High School
- CWashburn District High School
- Regional School Unit No. 45 (MSAD 45), ME
- 38 reviews
- CFort Fairfield Middle/High School
- Regional School Unit No. 86 (MSAD 86), ME
- 29 reviews
- BEaston Junior/Senior High School
- Easton School Department, ME
- 13 reviews
- B-Caribou High School
- Regional School Unit No. 39 (MSAD 39), ME
- 65 reviews
Presque Isle High School Reviews
My experience at Presque Isle High School has been wonderful. The teachers care about your personal well being and your grades as well. They also offer many different clubs and sports to join in on so that you’re never bored! I’ve had a great 3 years so far and can’t wait to finish up this last great year!
I really enjoyed PIHS academics and athletics. Academics were of the highest caliber with teachers that truly cared about students success. Athletics were also of the highest caliber. Administrators expected overall sportmanship, team work, and school pride. Coaches not only instilled the need for cooperation and sportmanship but also hard work ethic.
They give a good education and they do a good job preparing students for college, but they sometimes disregard public opinion and they need to check their priorities. For example when they asked teachers and others whether they wanted students to have iPads or computers, the majority said computers and yet we received iPads.