Prescott High School is a public school located in Prescott, AZ. It has 1,528 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Prescott High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+227 Students
- A208 Students
- A-178 Students
- B147 Students
- B90 Students
- A-42 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+26 Students
- C+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Prescott High School
- B-Bradshaw Mountain High School
- Humboldt Unified School District, AZ
- 240 reviews
- B-Chino Valley High School
- Chino Valley Unified School District, AZ
- PK, 9-12
- 68 reviews
- NGYavapai County High School
- Yavapai Accommodation School District, AZ
- 7 reviews
- B-Northpoint Expeditionary Learning Academy
- Public School
- Prescott, AZ
- 33 reviews
Prescott High School Reviews
I would like to see the teachers at Prescott High School, teach students because they know the value of learning. Not just give them an assignment and call it a day. I would like to have better funding, as 49th in the country for funding we don't have any money really, and when we do it is used on things the school doesn't benefit from. Like the money we wasted on tv's in the lobby, that are literally just slideshows of nature, it is insane to me how badly our administration handles the money. Not to mention the administration is involved in all of the athletes personal lives, athletes are constantly being punished for underage drinking, while the rest of the kids who are at the parties aren't even talked too. There is a lot wring with Prescott High School, but these are just some of the main points.
My experience with Prescott High School has been very up and down. While most of the teachers are very nice people with good intentions, a few of them do not seem to care about whether or not their students thrive. The best part of Prescott High School are the teachers, they all have a small town mentality and want to be connected with their students. The biggest problem I observed is that there seems to be a disconnect between the teachers and administration. Teachers tend to disagree with almost all new policies and rules that administration puts in place.
Prescott High School is great for meeting new people and you learn a lot. I have been attending this high school for three years now and I love it! The only thing I would say needs a change is the diversity, there are many minorities. Another issue that also needs a look into is the faculty, staff needs to be at their best when running a school full of hundreds of students and right now not all staff is at their best.