Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Preble Shawnee Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Camden, OH. It has 598 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Preble Shawnee Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-59 Students
- A+49 Students
- B-44 Students
- A-33 Students
- A-32 Students
- B-25 Students
- B21 Students
- A21 Students
- B17 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Preble Shawnee Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Preble Shawnee Junior/Senior High School
- B+Valley View High School
- Valley View Local School District, OH
- 97 reviews
- B-Carlisle High School
- Carlisle Local School District, OH
- 34 reviews
- B-Franklin High School
- Franklin City School District, OH
- 103 reviews
- C-New Miami High School
- New Miami Local School District, OH
- 16 reviews
Preble Shawnee Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I love the fact, that the teachers at Preble Shawnee care about the students. These teachers show how much they truly care about everyone, they’re hard working and offer the best advice at times, when you truly need it. The only thing I would change about Preble Shawnee, is the high school itself. The school is very old and has several issues, there is no Air conditioning so the heat is extreme in the summer. The classrooms are very small and over crowded and the school is just falling apart. I wish that the tax payers in my area, would vote to rebuild the school. Even if I won’t be there to see it remodeled, I hope that at least the younger generation has a better environment to receive a good education than I did.
Preble Shawnee highschool is a great close knit community. Preble Shawnee had no big problems with bullying and their is always someone to reach out to if you need help. Our hope squad did well to help teens with depression. Although our school is great for the social aspects our school had no air conditioning nor did we have working boilers. We do little to achieve good grades and the school had few classes. All together is was a great experience but it could use several improvements.
What I like about Preble Shawnee High School is how the teachers genuinely care about your education. They care about the environment in which they teach their students and they care about how their students are doing in and out of the classroom. What I would like to see changed in the near future is the school buildings and their conditions. The levy to get new schools was recently and unfortunately turned down by the community, despite the dire need for new schools. I hope that the community sees eye to eye with the school's inhabitants some day.