Prattville High School is an above average, public school located in Prattville, AL. It has 2,066 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Prattville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A225 Students
- A189 Students
- B177 Students
- A170 Students
- B148 Students
- B-146 Students
- B59 Students
- A56 Students
- A-53 Students
- C+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 85 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Prattville High School Reviews
Prattville High School has a wonderful set of AP courses with teachers that care deeply about the success of the students. There are some counselors and staff that care very deeply about the future of their students. However, the honors teachers, general teachers, and most of the administration do not seem to like students let alone teachers. Most teachers only last one year because so many students, parents, and other teachers complain about the person's standing in the school. Students seem to have many problems with discipline and many receive ISS or alternative school. Many students do not receive the support that they deserve because some teachers repeatedly tell students that they are dumb or heavily imply it in front of the class which is most likely a cause of the repeated disciplinary troubles.
Prattville High School is an okay school. They say they are against bullying, want our school to be better . Well, nothing is ever solved when spoken about bullying, dress codes get more stricter every year, the food is not edible, and people are favorited by teachers . If you are not favorited you will fail their class or get a grade that will bring down your gpa tremendously. The school system also does not allow phones at all during school hours even during breaks or lunch due to all the threats,fights,etc at the school since people kept recording what’s going on. Prattville High is not a recommended school for your children to go to unless they want to be in the performance arts, since that is the only good thing about this school.
Prattville High School excels in sports and club activities. I️ have many teachers that genuinely care about their students and love helping us prepare for our futures. They take the time to thoroughly explain subjects such as going in depth to explain every detail until all the students understand. During some class days, teachers will hold group discussions or plan group projects for students to gain more social skills. Administrators try to create the safest atmosphere for students to learn to the best of their ability. I️ enjoy going to Prattville High School, however I️ would like to see more teachers striving to help each and every student excel.