Prairie View High School is a public school located in Lacygne, KS. It has 316 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Prairie View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+52 Students
- A47 Students
- A43 Students
- B+38 Students
- C+33 Students
- B+24 Students
- B16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B13 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Prairie View High School
- C+Jayhawk-Linn High School
- Jayhawk Unified School District, KS
- 56 reviews
- B-Pleasanton High School
- Pleasanton Unified School District, KS
- 32 reviews
- B-Paola High School
- Paola Unified School District, KS
- 135 reviews
- B-Osawatomie High School
- Osawatomie Unified School District, KS
- 13 reviews
Prairie View High School Reviews
What I’ve noticed about my school is that they don’t want to deal with problems. So they push everything off and what once was something small is now a huge problem. As a result of their ignorance we had English teacher who openly harassed girls finally after a victims parents alerted the police he got charged for his actions. Later found out that administration was covering up. When students reported him for doing such actions, our administration told us we were “children”, we didn’t “understand”, or we were lying. And that’s just one case
I love Prairie View High School! I believe that they have one of the best staffs in Kansas. They had a recent rough year, but they made a great comeback! The amount of college readiness has definitely improved. Although, I think it could still be improved in some classes. The safety and loving environment shows how much our teachers really care about us as students!
I attended Prairie View Unified School district from grades 5 - 10, and then finished my last 2 years of High School online. Prairie View was a decent school, but since the epidemic is so small for this school and surrounding areas, drama and chaos through the hallways was a daily struggle. A percentage of the teachers actually cared about the information that they taught us, while the others, couldn't care less. The administration was friendly but with some tender, loving care, the school would be able to improve tremendously.