Prairie View High School is a public school located in Lacygne, KS. It has 316 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Prairie View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+36 Students
- A36 Students
- A31 Students
- B+26 Students
- C+24 Students
- B+18 Students
- B13 Students
- B-10 Students
- B8 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Prairie View High School
- C+Jayhawk-Linn High School
- Jayhawk Unified School District, KS
- 53 reviews
- B-Pleasanton High School
- Pleasanton Unified School District, KS
- 29 reviews
- B-Paola High School
- Paola Unified School District, KS
- 132 reviews
- B-Osawatomie High School
- Osawatomie Unified School District, KS
- 13 reviews
Prairie View High School Reviews
I love Prairie View High School! I believe that they have one of the best staffs in Kansas. They had a recent rough year, but they made a great comeback! The amount of college readiness has definitely improved. Although, I think it could still be improved in some classes. The safety and loving environment shows how much our teachers really care about us as students!
I attended Prairie View Unified School district from grades 5 - 10, and then finished my last 2 years of High School online. Prairie View was a decent school, but since the epidemic is so small for this school and surrounding areas, drama and chaos through the hallways was a daily struggle. A percentage of the teachers actually cared about the information that they taught us, while the others, couldn't care less. The administration was friendly but with some tender, loving care, the school would be able to improve tremendously.
My time as a Buffalo here at Prairie View has been wonderful. There seems to always be an activity going on whether its "Death" ball in the art room, Student Council Special Days, Chili Feeds, Blood Drives, and more. The teachers are helpful and quite helpful. If you're having a bad day and talk about it, they're really understanding and willing to help you get through it. Along with the activities and teachers, the student atmosphere is great as well. If you need a tire changed, the Ag kids are right there. If there's a special event and you need help creating something, the Art kids are happy to help. It's a really fun school, but we still take our academics seriously. We have wake up Wednesdays where if you are missing work and have bad grades, then you report to school on the normal time, but if you have good grades and no missing assignments, then you don't have to report to school till an hour later than normal. It motivates students to get their work turned in and on time.