Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Prairie High School is an above average, public school located in Cedar Rapids, IA. It has 1,181 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Prairie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A312 Students
- B+205 Students
- A199 Students
- B-168 Students
- B117 Students
- B+83 Students
- A81 Students
- B50 Students
- A-42 Students
- A-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responses
- Homecoming, Football/Basketball games32%
- Wrestling meets8%
- Marching Band7%
- Pep Band7%
- Attending all sports events4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Prairie High School
- BClear Creek Amana High School
- Clear Creek Amana Community School District, IA
- 137 reviews
- B+Marion High School
- Marion Independent School District, IA
- 86 reviews
- A-Mount Vernon High School
- Mount Vernon Community School District, IA
- 52 reviews
- B-Lisbon High School
- Lisbon Community School District, IA
- 22 reviews
Prairie High School Reviews
My experience at Prairie high school has been great. The amount of smiles around the building is awesome. The teachers really care about their students and want them to succeed. They take time out of their day and help you when you need it. I am really sad to leave next year, but they have helped me be a better person throughout my years there!
I like Prairie, it's a safe place compared to other schools around Cedar Rapids. The education is great and I can always count on my teachers for help. The people are okay and you can find all types of people in this area. The building looks really nice too! They are in the process of renovating and so far it looks amazing!
With the constant students filtering in and out of high school as they graduate, Prairie High School gives so many opportunities and support. They help their students stay consistent in grades and they give everyone a chance to grow and become better people. Not once have I had a problem finding activities to join, teachers to help, or areas to study. Every day. I am greeted by smiling teachers, posters for events and a clean place to learn and enjoy. Over all, Prairie is an amazing environment that helps students reach success.