Prairie Heights Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Lagrange, IN. It has 424 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Prairie Heights Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-47 Students
- B+43 Students
- B-38 Students
- A+29 Students
- A23 Students
- A-17 Students
- B17 Students
- NG16 Students
- B16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Prairie Heights Senior High School
- B-East Noble High School
- East Noble School Corporation, IN
- 147 reviews
- BFremont High School
- Fremont Community Schools, IN
- 54 reviews
- C+Lakeland High School
- Lakeland School Corporation, IN
- 41 reviews
- B-Angola High School
- Metropolitan School District of Steuben County, IN
- 91 reviews
Prairie Heights Senior High School Reviews
Teachers are caring and close with their students. Great Education for a small school. Plenty of art programs. Plenty of STEM programs!
I enjoyed Prairie Heights Senior High School for the most part. I was active in sports and clubs throughout my four years at the school. The school is very good at offering a variety of clubs and organizations. I found that if a student had an idea, there was at least one teacher or mentor open to the idea and supported the idea. The school's employees were very interactive whether it was during the pep rallies, the filming of the lib dub, or during regular school activities. I found comfort in talking to some teachers as they were very caring and trustworthy. All of the staff wanted their students to succeed and usually did everything they could to get them to do so.
The administration tends to focus on unimportant aspects rather than education, doesn't care for teachers enough, won't take care of bullying, and is very poor. However, you won't find teachers who care more for their students than the teachers at Prairie Heights.