Prairie Central High School is an above average, public school located in Fairbury, IL. It has 594 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
411 N 7th St
Fairbury, IL 61739
Prairie Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+49 Students
- A+35 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+14 Students
- B10 Students
- A9 Students
- A+7 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Prairie Central High School
- A-Lexington High School
- Lexington Community Unit School District No. 7, IL
- 3 reviews
- B+Ridgeview High School
- Ridgeview Community Unit School District No. 19, IL
- 33 reviews
- BTri-Point High School
- Tri-Point Community Unit School District No. 6-J, IL
- 7 reviews
- BPontiac High School
- Public School
- Pontiac, IL
- 93 reviews
Prairie Central High School Reviews
I loved the ag program at Prairie Central. I became very involved in the FFA my freshman year, and consequently went to nationals three times with a chance to go a fourth if our Ag Business Management team wins state this spring. In total, we boast over 120 state wins, and 7 national championships in the FFA CDE's, of which I was one of the national champions. I would like to see some of the science department improve because right now the science class I am in is very easy and doesn't really prepare me for a college class setting.
The four block schedule is nice and allows for more time to focus on classes. On problem with the school, however is that it seems that the budget cuts corners every year compared to other schools.
They did not offer enough variety of classes, some teachers were cool, others did not even care. Lot of teachers made you teach yourself.