Poynette High School is a public school located in Poynette, WI. It has 342 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Poynette High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+42 Students
- B+23 Students
- A-19 Students
- C+17 Students
- B15 Students
- B+13 Students
- A+11 Students
- A-8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Poynette High School
- A-Lodi High School
- Lodi School District, WI
- 48 reviews
- BDeForest High School
- DeForest Area School District, WI
- 137 reviews
- B+Portage High School
- Portage Community School District, WI
- 38 reviews
- B-Pardeeville High School
- Pardeeville Area School District, WI
- 29 reviews
Poynette High School Reviews
Poynette High School is a very diverse school shown by all the activities and classes that are given to us students. Each year every student sits down with our school counselors and talk about which classes and activities best suit not only each student, but what will be useful for each students future as well. As a senior this year Poynette High School has made me the person I am today and has prepared me for my future. The only thing I would change about Poynette High School is adding finals to every class each student takes. Adding finals would benefit every student because it not only teaches students to study, but it also helps with time management and preparing students for college, or even just skills you need after school. Overall, Poynette High School is a great school, but students lose the experience of finals when attending Poynette.
I just........ wow. As one of the few gay kids here, I cannot wait to leave. Some teachers are ok, even pretty cool, but others......... they focus only on the kids in sports. Especially, a, um, certain math teacher who also happens to be a wrestling coach. He only cares about the wrestling kids. He only talks about wrestling. Like, I needed help in your class, please stop being a douche and help me with this problem that you never taught us about in class!
I'm a senior in high school and I have been here in the Poynette High School my whole high school career. I've had my ups and downs with this school. There were times I looked forward to getting up and there were days I seriously thought about ditching. The school is very small so everybody knows everyone. There isn't a whole lot of racial diversity. There are also some big bullying and because the school is so small, word gets around pretty fast. The teachers are okay. Not to shoot them all down, there are still some pretty amazing teachers. Some of the other teachers are a little bit more intimidating to approach. The food is good, too. Like everything, it isn't the best nor the worst. There is a good amount of options and they are also fresh. Overall, the school isn't so bad, I wouldn't move just to get out of it. I'd probably go again here if I had to choose high school and still lived in the same place. But it isn't the best place either.